ms201tc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the 200/201's I've been using for years but I feel something funny is going on with my elbow. The 355 looks lighter to me which might help the elbow I'm thinking. Rarely do I grab a 192, but when I do I think 'damn, I wish the 201 felt this good'. I know it's a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt about it the 355T's are the clear winner there. I feel awful sorry for your burden, and considering the 201tc coming out soon I'd be happy to take all your NIB 200T's off your hands at $600 a pop. Let me know where to send the money.

Mighty generous and thoughtful of you to show such great kindness in my current predicament.

I have well over a dozen ms200t's in my shed which would still be good pro saws if the parts were not so expensive, mainly they have carb issues after each has been rekitted at least once but at $327 per carb, stihl by simple economics, has made buying a brand new warrented for under $600 echo (which may only last a year although we normally get a couple years out of the 350t and 260t) a very easy choice (somehow stihl are still charging $1695 retail for a ms201 or they are about $1300 for a parrallel import)

I do love my ms200t's and ms020t's and although I think stihl screwed the pooch upgrading to a worse product that wasnt sorted from intro, lumping a sub standard tool on a brand loyal following that was nearly forced to take one for the team at there cost and stihls profit, I will hold onto them for a bit yet.

Stihl had plenty of time to have the 201 sorted, its not like they didnt have the time or resources to make a great saw or the customers that would pay good money for them for as long as they produced them.

Mighty generous and thoughtful of you to show such great kindness in my current predicament.

I have well over a dozen ms200t's in my shed which would still be good pro saws if the parts were not so expensive, mainly they have carb issues after each has been rekitted at least once but at $327 per carb, stihl by simple economics, has made buying a brand new warrented for under $600 echo (which may only last a year although we normally get a couple years out of the 350t and 260t) a very easy choice (somehow stihl are still charging $1695 retail for a ms201 or they are about $1300 for a parrallel import)

I do love my ms200t's and ms020t's and although I think stihl screwed the pooch upgrading to a worse product that wasnt sorted from intro, lumping a sub standard tool on a brand loyal following that was nearly forced to take one for the team at there cost and stihls profit, I will hold onto them for a bit yet.

Stihl had plenty of time to have the 201 sorted, its not like they didnt have the time or resources to make a great saw or the customers that would pay good money for them for as long as they produced them.
Do you have many carbs that have an accelerator pump? They can be identified like this IMG_0057.JPG

I get my 201's landed in aus with the timing adjustment and muff mod for about aud$800 including shipping. maybe grab a few carbs from the states? somewhere around $100 from memory. theyre about $140 here in aus.

We have two 540xps. That i bought on here in trading post actually.Work just fine and holding up just fine. Not sure what the problem is.

We love them.

I've used a 540 a few times and didn't really like the balance of it. Seemed to be tip light and want to twist to the left of held neutral. Other than that was ok though. Most of the complaints I hear center around the handle - breaking off at the attachment point. Some guys who love them have returned them numerous times for the same problem.

I bought a 355 last September and just finally got my money back on it. What a pile right from the get go. I bet I've had it in my possession for a month maybe two of that time the rest it was in the shop. As soon as my card was credited a 540 got ordered. No Echos ever again for me.

Latest posts

Back