ms210c gas leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacrawley

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I told my girlfriend I would fix the gas leak on her 210c. I replaced the fuel line but that wasn't it. It appears to be leaking from the carb itself worse when running buy a little even when off. I called the local shop to price a rebuild kit for the carb and told them the problem. The guy said it was rare for the carb to leak. What else could it be? The vent line seems good and it really doesn't look like it's the source

I pulled the air filter and assembly off to get a better view. When running gas is spraying out of the carb throat. Is that normal? it seems like an awful lot and perhaps the source of the leak.

I bought the zama rebuild kit instead of the stihl branded rebuild kit and saved 15. It fixed the problem. I guess the needle valve was stuck open. Now I need to tune the carb. It is idling just fine and the low screw seems in a good spot but the high screw has me worried. I set it to the default 3/4 out. I know I need to listen till it screams then back out till its four stroking whatever that means then back a littl. Any tips or tricks for hearing that stuff would be sweet.
Thanks

Back