MS211 Oil Leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The last year or so my MS211 has leaked B&C oil. Everytime I pick it up to use it there is a big puddle of oil on the bench and all over the bottom of the case. I finally got around to cleaning it off and determing the oil is coming from the oil hose under the oil pump. I got a new oil hose and put it on, only problem is it is still leaking. Not as much but it is. The oiler works fine when cutting, it's just always a mess when you pick it up and go to use it. Any ideas what to try next? I have looked the case over real good and cannot see any cracks, just not sure what else to look for? Thanks for reading :dizzy:

The last year or so my MS211 has leaked B&C oil. Everytime I pick it up to use it there is a big puddle of oil on the bench and all over the bottom of the case. I finally got around to cleaning it off and determing the oil is coming from the oil hose under the oil pump. I got a new oil hose and put it on, only problem is it is still leaking. Not as much but it is. The oiler works fine when cutting, it's just always a mess when you pick it up and go to use it. Any ideas what to try next? I have looked the case over real good and cannot see any cracks, just not sure what else to look for? Thanks for reading :dizzy:

They are more or less known leakers at this point.

Mine leaks at times and not others. Not enough that it really bothers me though. Just don't leave it on your livingroom carpet.

Is yours dependent on the level of fill? I find that mine leaks more when there's more oil in, and it also seems somewhat temperature dependent.

They are more or less known leakers at this point.

Mine leaks at times and not others. Not enough that it really bothers me though. Just don't leave it on your livingroom carpet.

Is yours dependent on the level of fill? I find that mine leaks more when there's more oil in, and it also seems somewhat temperature dependent.

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I don't know about the level but the temp definately makes a difference. If the oil is thinner it is worse.
I think I've got it to slow down quite a bit, I messed with the seat of the new hose and it seems to of slowed it down for now. Doesn't hurt anything but sure is annoying.

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I don't know about the level but the temp definately makes a difference. If the oil is thinner it is worse.
I think I've got it to slow down quite a bit, I messed with the seat of the new hose and it seems to of slowed it down for now. Doesn't hurt anything but sure is annoying.[/QUOTE

it may have an oiler like my old 026 where it oils at idle as well as when the chain moves,,,no matter what that saw leaked oil like no ones business....hated it

I think I figured out why the leak stopped. Now the oiler is not working! I get to start over I guess. Oh well at least I know how everything goes back together now. :msp_mad:

you replaced the hose...did you replaced the plastic elbow piece too?

Latest posts

Back