MS250 and a thanks to the community

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphadelta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Finally really got to test the MS250 today. After getting it running with help from everyone we had a windstorm basically destroy several cities. Decided the tree that lived needed some work.

This saw ran HARD for 4 hours and never skipped a beat. It’s my first Stihl and I’m beyond impressed.

So thanks everyone. And hope everyone had a easier weekend than mine.

ca7307de2af77ab7858d849e03524f61.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally really got to test the MS250 today. After getting it running with help from everyone we had a windstorm basically destroy several cities. Decided the tree that lived needed some work.

This saw ran HARD for 4 hours and never skipped a beat. It’s my first Stihl and I’m beyond impressed.

So thanks everyone. And hope everyone had a easier weekend than mine.

ca7307de2af77ab7858d849e03524f61.plist

@Alphadelta What's the back story on getting the MS250 running?

Got it used from a guy (I overpaid). Good condition but wouldn’t run hardly at all.

Cylinder looked fine, dumped the fuel, new filters, spark plug. Still no dice.

Decided to just dismantle the carb and place it through an ultrasonic cleaner and then reassemble.

Started but hated doing anything besides idling for a second then dying.

Finally got a tach that goes onto the spark plug wire, someone sent me the service manual and after readjusting the carburetor. This thing starts second pull and hums along nicely until you turn it back off.

Back