MS290 for $150.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, the right one is a tad low, I'll get my boys over there tonight to level that out!!!!!

Quit repeating yourself. The right one is low because she's slumping her right shoulder. Love that pouty mouth and sleepy eyes! :bowdown:

well where did you scrape up her pic from?

240208d1338671273-picture11-jpg

nom nom nom

I am just glad to find out that you are not gay!!!!!!!!

You don't know that. I could just be a poser, who has been married three times and has three kids -- all for cover! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Honestly, as a photographer I'm trained to view the human body as an artful inspiration, regardless of gender. I've photographed tons of weddings and not a small number of models over the years. It's that viewpoint that allowed me to see that her right boobosity is sagging not because the plastic surgeon was incompetent, but because she's in a pose with a lowered right shoulder. Makes me want to see the rest of the photograph to get a look at what's going on down under. ;)

But hey, how 'bout that MS290 for $150? Score!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, I'm wondering if Snelling or Mastermind or tree monkey can do mods this good. If so, they need to drop the saws and run like the wind toward plastic surgery. It's not every mod guy who can take so-so jugs and turn them legendary. I'm thinking she's increased her HP by at least 35 percent. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Quick update, I have the saw tore down, cleaned up... she was a very dirty little girl. :msp_ohmy: I swear I got two pounds of saw dust and oil out of her. I need to spend little time dressing the bar yet. I have all new fuel/impluse/vent lines on order, air and fuel filters, vent, spark plug, two piece drive sprocket and chain guides.

The previous owner had been cutting power poles or RR ties, lots of kreosote in every crack and crevase... I think I have used 6 cans of brake cleaner on it so far. If all goes well she should be back together "stock" by the weekend. I have 6 trees that a friends needs removed.

Long term, this will be my learning/project saw, I am going to purchase a new piston and cylinder (039/MS390) and port and polish it and do a muffler mod. She will be used as a work saw so I don't plan on getting real crazy with it. I will run it with a 20 or 24 inch bar.

Do the MS290 and MS390 take the same carburetor or do I have to change that out also???

I have said if before in other threads but I really think that secretly Saw Troll really wants a MS 290 and only bashes them because he is envious of MS290 owners. If I ever find the right deal on one I may pick it up and ship it to him so he will not have to envy us anymore. :laugh:

Back