ms290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yea in it's short 9 month history i have cut approximately 12-15 full cords of wood with that little boat anchor. used up one bar and just put the last sharpening on the original pair of chains i bought with the saw. So if you cut intermittently like I do and need a reliable and honest bang for the buck value then i would suggest an ms290 to anyone who needs a good all round saw for clearing the lot of up to 39 1/2" trees down to the occasion hedge trimmer. My ms290 has served me well and whetted my appetite for the rest of the stihl family. This is I am sure why the price is set sooo low to lure the uninitiated into the fold of the power band of saws we call stihl. P.S. The 290 is my only stihl saw out of the 6 I own but it gets picked up first if the job is to be done fast.

Had no trouble with my MS290 for 4 years now. Just today it falled and chunked a 26" DBH standing dead mullberry. And 3 smaller hickories. It's been good to me.

spacemule said:
Am I to understand that you're username is short for "korker?" If so, it should be "crkr," as "korker" is spelled with a "c." :)

Oh
come on this is just plain funny.

I think the 290 is well known for its weaknesses but it has an excellent reputation for being reliable and fairly trouble free.

It kind of makes you wonder what is going on, did they forget to take the chainbrake off or put oil in it. For example I have gone through a lot more than two chains before a bar is worn out. I don't know how some of this stuff is accomplished it is like striking out playing t-ball.

Please nobody get worked up I'm just picking a little.

BTW rex that is tee ball not tea bag so don't get excited

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

buck

spacemule said:
Am I to understand that you're username is short for "korker?" If so, it should be "crkr," as "korker" is spelled with a "c." :)

I made a typo, looks to be changed now. If'n you want to understand it as corker, go ahead. It's a free country after all. That's probably good for your type. You associate the word cork with the word ass, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Gettin back on topic, that 290 with the 18" bar on a 60" tree does sound slightly weak. It also sounds short, do the math Corky.

Asskckr said:
I made a typo, looks to be changed now. If'n you want to understand it as corker, go ahead. It's a free country after all. That's probably good for your type. You associate the word cork with the word ass, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Gettin back on topic, that 290 with the 18" bar on a 60" tree does sound slightly weak. It also sounds short, do the math Corky.

No problem all you have to do is widdle away at it like your sharpening a marshmellow stick with jack knife.:laugh:

buck

the reason i am on m,y second bar is that my father decided to help me fall a tree in his back yard and rolled the tree onto the tip of the bar and bent the first three inches to about a 110 degree angle so that is the only reason for the second bar.

well the only obvious thing to do is have him fall a tree on the other side of it to straighten it out. :clap:

Sometimes cheap help cost a lot, but I would buy a thousand bars to spend a day dropping trees with dad.

Like they say she hit happens.

That "arse corker" comment was a funny one...thanks for the laugh, Space.

As for the 290...I'd sooner be a proverbial "arse corker" than own one.

coveredinsap said:
That "arse corker" comment was a funny one...thanks for the laugh, Space.

As for the 290...I'd sooner be a proverbial "arse corker" than own one.
Theres is nothing wrong with the 290 You just have to know its limitations.
Now I know why you don't want to own a 290.

I have a friend his name is Tree Co........
I follow everywhere that he go..........
He knows it all....Just as I.........
We never post .....
We just reply......
Spreading our knowledge to the unluckiest guy....
It's hard to be a know it all and the authority on all chain saw's........
when you are covered in sap.:cheers:

Just Mow said:
We never post .....
We just reply......

You are definitely getting better! what's the next verse???:popcorn:

Just Mow said:
We never post .....
We just reply......

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Asskckr said:

I believe the Freudian slip was in your typo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :ices_rofl: :D

Back