MS310 outside spike w/ pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluequill56

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just installed the 361 dual spike/roller catcher kit on a 310. When I was searching for info on this I didn't see anything specific and thought this might help some who might want to try it. The first order of business was to ditch the 310's plastic clutch cover and install an aluminum 260/440/660 cover. The inner spike bolted right up, but the outer spike and roller catcher pin didn't line up properly,so I had to slot the bottom mounting hole. To prevent the spike from 'rotating' in the slot, I fabed a small insert to put in the open part of the slot. I would have welded and re-drilled, but i was concerned that would burn off the coating and allow corrosion. For the insert, I used the rounded tip off of the stock aluminum catcher. It was already pretty close to shape and required minimal grinding. When I tightened the nut down, it mashed the insert into the gap nicely. It looks a little mangled in the picture, but it actually fits quite well.

looks very good. so good i might get to worknon my outside dog for my saw this weekend.

thanks for shareing the pics.

Latest posts

Back