ms310.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honkie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
New here, hoping to find some answers.

This is a GREAT place! After all the reading I did, I modded one of my Friends saws. Opened the muffler, trimmed the tabs on the limit tabs, and fattened her up a quarter turn.

The saw runs totally different now, considerably faster and louder.

Now the question is.....the clutch cover is pre-drilled for a set of outer dogs, but for the life of me I cant find any for sale. Any one have a clue?

My friend has had rotator cuff surgery, that left his entire arm kinda weak, and he would like to add the set of outer dogs to help anchor the saw in the wood better.

Any help would be great.

I am 99% certain that the 310 will accept the dual dog kit for a 361 (part #1135 650 7750 - about $35). This includes an inner and outer dog that are just a hair larger than stock, and a nifty little roller chain catcher.

If you want to go cheaper, there is an outer dog that looks huge, but pretty much lines up with the inner dog and costs about $15. Here is a picture of one on my blowed up 361.

dscn0210rt8.jpg

I would compare those things to a 310 for you right now, but it's cold and snowy and I don't feel like walking out to the barn. I'll check and confirm tomorrow.

I'm doing the same thing for a friend, but am concerned about bolting it to a plastic cover. Looks like the aluminum cover off of a 260/440/660 will work. Part # 1125 648 0460.

Anybody have one of these for sale?

There is an aluminum one off of an 036 on ebay right now, part number 1125 648 0404. Anyone know if it would work?

Honkie, you might want to think about an aluminum cover as well if you plan on putting any pressure on those spikes.

dogs

im gonna get doubles for my 310,like my 051AV, dealer had to order them ........it comes in pairs hes got them in now ! now i have to get the money!

one of the site sponsors, baileys, has the bucking spikes your looking for for less than 30 bucks. ones for the 660 or 460 will work. i use 660 spikes on about everything. i have a buddy that bought 660 spikes from the dealer and has them on his 310. so the spikes from baileys should do it for ya.

The only problem with the big dog kit on the 310 is the dogs are to aggressive for the power of the saw, the dog will bite into the wood and bog the 310 down so your always having to pull it out and start again, it took me about 1 hour before I put the stock one back on:)

Back