MS341 oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGE420

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So i cranked up my oiler to the max setting,(24" bar) BUT im wondering , when i cranked the screw on the bottom up it only turned like a 1/4 turn from the stock Ematic setting. Is this normal or should it turn more as i didn't want to crank the #### outa it.

Also my saw when i bought it brand new it came full off chain oil already( dont know what kind) and i have a couple jugs of oil for my other saw, so is it a good idear to mix these oils or should i always run the same chain oil?
Thanx:)

Lots of preferences on bar oil here. Don't worry about mixing them, worry about keeping oil in it and making sure it is oiling good. Carefull with those fancy Stihl caps, don't overfill the oil reservoir or the cap is hard to get on and if you don't get it right it pops off while you are cutting. Spews all over your legs and shoes. Then if you are too dumb to notice it burns up your bar and chain in short order. Don't ask how I know.:buttkick:

By the way, who did you pi$$ off to get so much neg rep in such short order?

Lots of preferences on bar oil here. Don't worry about mixing them, worry about keeping oil in it and making sure it is oiling good. Carefull with those fancy Stihl caps, don't overfill the oil reservoir or the cap is hard to get on and if you don't get it right it pops off while you are cutting. Spews all over your legs and shoes. Then if you are too dumb to notice it burns up your bar and chain in short order. Don't ask how I know.:buttkick:

What djauto says and he is correct about the cap , ask me how I know .
The adjuster on the 361 only turns about that much , I have never run anything longer than 18" so search around to see what other people say about oiling a bar that long .

Ok thanx.

Well its cranked up and i put a piece of paper on the ground and reved-er up some close to it and she spit out what it looks like enough oil all over the paper so...it should be a gooder!!!

Who knows on the rep part...no really worried about it! Im just here for a good time not a long time. So lets have a good time LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back