MS360 clutch clip problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxidermist

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I rebuilt a 360 pro from the crank up. Now for the life of me i cant get the clutch clip to lock into the crank grove. I line the oil pump drive up with the notch in the clutch drum and still nothing..... I have installed plenty of stihl clutches on other saws but this one is killing me!

Rob

With the washer on over the clutch drum, what is the measurement from the washer to the bottom part of the clip groove? .020" to .030" on mine.

Last edited:
Howdy,
I've seen this if you replaced the sprocket bearing. Check the overall length of the bearing.
Regards
Gregg

All the original parts re-installed? There was a change in the oil pump cover washer. They went to a bigger washer to cover more area and part of the update included clutch shoes relieved to accept the larger washer.

It did it with both the old clutch and washer and the new clutch and washer.

I did replace the bearing but it sits below the clutch drum.

I have tried the old top washer and I also had a new top washer and both no go..

It dosent miss by much.

Rob

are you sure the hook on the end of the worm is'nt just worn out and missing part of the hook where it sits/hooks into the clutch drum ??
i know it might sound goofy, but i had one that sounds exactly like what your describing..

least i think that's whatchur talkin about..

With the washer on over the clutch drum, what is the measurement from the washer to the bottom part of the clip groove? .020" to .030" on mine.

I couldnt really get a good measurement with my calipers

I ended up using a hair bit thinner clip..... we will have to see if it holds up.

Rob

Latest posts

Back