Ms360 ms361 ms362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiewire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What are the differences between these three saws? Besides the model #'s

They're all three very different saws. The only thing they really have in common is displacement.

MS360 - Dual transfers
MS361 - Quad transfers
MS362 - Strato

Close to the same displacement, but the 360 has a slightly higher displacement, 61.5cc vs 59 for the newer ones - and it has rubber AV vs. springs. The 362 is heavier than the others.

The 361clearly is the best saw among them, and they are very different saws, as you said.

036 is 62cc and the 360's big (older) brother. It was the saw that started the series and is the only one without the flippy caps.

036 is prob my favorite. I've have 2 361's and they are nice. But seem to lack the torque. Mind you, none have been modded in any way. These are the ONLY saws I have not done at least a small MM. Had almost a half dozen 036's. most Pros, but a couple standards.

All are great firewood saws. Great power to weight.

My 2 pennies

Last edited:
Other than flippy caps, I thought 036 pros and MS360s were the same. If I'm incorrect, will ms360 cases work with an 036pro doner saw?

Flippy caps don't bother me, I find them kinda convenient. I have a real low hour 036 pro with a cracked case and broken handle. I thought they were the same, but your post of it being bigger made me question that. After re reading your post, I see how you worded it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Flippy caps don't bother me, I find them kinda convenient. I have a real low hour 036 pro with a cracked case and broken handle. I thought they were the same, but your post of it being bigger made me question that. After re reading your post, I see how you worded it. Thanks for clearing that up.
(By bigger, I meant "Older" brother).

Flippy caps and the top cylinder cover (036 tag is on top, MS 360 is on Recoil cover, but both still work on either saw).

And the actual spec may be 61.5cc, but the average cutter just goes based off of the handle literature. Stating the 62cc mentioned above.

I vaguely remember a round top 360? What was the story with those? And besides the clutch drum on the 036 having the small bearing, are there any other "updates" that I should keep in mind when I do the swap?

I have several 036's but only one MS360. The 360 has a rounded top cover and a tear drop air filter knob, wereas the 036's have flat top covers and round air filter knobs. When you change between the air filter knob style, you also have to have the correct corresponding air filter to allow it to engage.

I am not sure if all 036/360's are like this or not. There might be some round knob 360's or some tear drop knob 036's......I don't know.

Tony

Back