ms361 L screw all the way in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried mixing up some fresh fuel from a different gas station. Last summer I had the same problem with two of my saws, it turned out to be bad gas from a local Sunoco station. Hay it's worth a try.;)

this has been going on since december. (many saws, very little cutting)
i am on my 4th batch o mix in this saw as of today (since prob started).
always super and hp-ultra. three mixes came from one place as they had no ethanol until a few weeks ago. latest came from a different station.

none of the other saws are doing anything unusual.... and some of those are hacked up (amature porting) pretty good!:)

thanks for the idea though!

Last edited:
An unlikely cause but...

Pull your fuel line off the carb and hook your pressure tester to it. Pull the fuel line out of the tank and clamp it off with a set of hemostats.

Make sure it's holding pressure. I took a ride to the shop early this morning to meet a customer. While I was waiting I put a MS361 on the bench to do a little snooping, looks like there is a pretty good bend in the line before it goes into the tank. Would not suprise me to find a crack there.

As I said in my PM, of the dozen plus 361's I've sold, I've not had one saw come back for anything other than reset the carb (I ask everyone to bring them back so I can recheck RPM's after a few tanks). So I'm at as much of a loss on this issue as you.

If that doesn't work, I do not have a new carb in the parts bin, but I did pull the carb off that saw on my bench. I really think at this point...you have to many hours into chasing this issue down. Time for plan B.

Very uneducated/stupid post.

Thanks bow. I do try my best. Since you have 3500 posts, could you please describe running choppy? Should I squeeze the trigger while starting my saw? We inferior beings need to know!

Please explain:

Running choppy.. and we wonder why he is called brian/brain.

Ever died at idle… nope the ms361 purrs like a kitten with a heart murmur.

Squeeze the throttle while pulling the restart… yea that’s on page 14 of the owners manual brian/brain.

Any specifics you can give me are much appreciated… Gods what an open book..bottom line, you bought into the uber hype,your saws out o warrantee, nows yous gots to pay. What else do you need to know?
Very uneducated/stupid post.

Thanks bow. I do try my best. Since you have 3500 posts, could you please describe running choppy? Should I squeeze the trigger while starting my saw? We inferior beings need to know!

very informative as usual. what can you tell us about your saws? do you own one?
keep the constructive comments coming, friend.

Back