MS361 Muffler mod Causes true Love!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcedintoit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a chance today to go out and do some cutting, this is the first trial out with the muffler modded on my 361. And after about the first 10 cuts with the saw I can say i love my 361. my favorite saw use to be my 441 but now this saw is my favorite after today. Cut about two cords with it today. I could keep two guys busy hauling it away as I was cutting. It is amazing how much difference the mod made. (I am on cloud 9) LOL:rockn:

I just had a MM done on my 361, unfortunately because of the barrage of snow we've been having here lately, I probably won't get out until spring to actually see how she does.

The MM was done by Walkers Saw Shop in Canada. There are two ports, one on each side.

did they weld up the original outlet? My 361 mod is just 3 x 8mm holes to front. Contemplating welding them up and going for similar set up but cannot justify time or expense. Think i'll wait till the muffler needs replacing!

Got a chance today to go out and do some cutting, this is the first trial out with the muffler modded on my 361. And after about the first 10 cuts with the saw I can say i love my 361. my favorite saw use to be my 441 but now this saw is my favorite after today. Cut about two cords with it today. I could keep two guys busy hauling it away as I was cutting. It is amazing how much difference the mod made. (I am on cloud 9) LOL:rockn:

my 361 was NOS that i got at the end of last year, i run it for a while and the did the MM,, it just flat out woke it up. i left the factory port and added a 3/4 port on the left side,, here is a pic of it..

010-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back