MS361: This usually happens to other people......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluequill56

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Scenario: Walk into pawn shop. See orange case. Almost leaked a little... Open case expecting 290. Inside? MS361! Bar completely roached. Blue from heat, paint burnt off, chain toast. The rest of the saw looked nearly new - even still had the bar-code sticker on the front. Pulled the rope. Fantastic compression. Fired right up. Price? $179. Heck yeah, I'll roll the dice! Bought it a new 20" bar and a couple RSC chains on the way home. P/C looked brand new. Oiler is putting out, so I fired it up for a test run in the garage. Bar not getting lube, but oil is literally running out from under the cover. Turns out the poor mis-informed previous owner had put straight 2-cycle oil in the oil tank. It was flinging off before the chain even cleared the cover. Blue bar mystery solved. Drained and filled with proper bar oil. Voila! Chain getting lube now. Took it out for its inaugural cutting. SWEET! Happiness is: Getting to update your sig.

Last edited:
Open for suggestions! I'm thinking rear handle 200 next. The M$880 will have to wait.....

Don't wait - get the rear handle MS200 ASAP - its probably my favorite saw - light, quick, cuts like a light saber. OH - did I say I love the MS200. :cheers:

Last edited:
I sure wish the pawn shops around me weren't so over priced!! Great find and a very nice collection. Good to see the "redhead" in there too!!!
:cheers:

i can just imagine how that original sale went. " i've never run a saw before", "oh yeah you definitely need this ms361"

i can just imagine how that original sale went. " i've never run a saw before", "oh yeah you definitely need this ms361"

Or, perhaps a master salesman using the three magic wands:

1. tepid Folgers,

2. Brylcream, and

3. an Elvis tune.

Enjoy,

Joat

Latest posts

Back