MS391 Rim and Drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostedunit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Oregon or Stihl rim and drum systems for a 310/390 fit a 391? Mine came with a spur sprocket and I will be changing it out soon but I don't have a part number as no one here as an IPL:-(

I dont know if those will interchange with a MS391 but I just "upgraded" to one from a Stihl 360. The Spur sprocket was junk and showed alot of wear and I was still on my first chain that came on the saw when I baught it. My Stihl dealer gave me that once since I requested a rim sprocket. It cost me $35 after tax but it seems alot better then the crappy one it came with plus its cheaper in the long run since its not a one piece and only gotta buy the rim instead of a whole thing. I dont got the part number on hand since Im not at home at the moment but if u need the part number let me know and I can get it for you when I get home.

You can go to oregonchain.com and they will tell you what system fits your saws. They will only give you an oregon number. If you look up both saws that will tell you if they are the same number. You will need saw numbers, and chain size. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I ended up getting one from the local dealer, think it might be the one for the 360. Have to check.

The storms that blew through here yesterday were really scary, especially considering there are now 3 391 threads on the top page.

Maybe the Mayans were right:eek:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Is the part # 1125 007 1041 ? If it is then that one also goes on the 290,310, and 390, but originally came from the 036,360. It has a bigger od bearing and uses the larger rims. If it is part # 1125 007 1002 then that is the one from the 290,310,390 and uses the small spline rims and the standard bearing.

Is the part # 1125 007 1041 ? If it is then that one also goes on the 290,310, and 390, but originally came from the 036,360. It has a bigger od bearing and uses the larger rims. If it is part # 1125 007 1002 then that is the one from the 290,310,390 and uses the small spline rims and the standard bearing.

Not sure about part #s. I work for a cable sub and we just rolled for storm damage in n. Ky. Could be a while for I can check.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Back