• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiih8r

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a MS440 in nice condition. Please let me know what you've got. Thanks.

What length bar is that in the video? I'm looking for something to run a 25" bar so maybe I'm better off with a 460/461
25", the bar had a slight bend in it at the back side of the bar.
The saw was very fresh(rings not seated)/running rich at the time and has much more power now.

It really depends what other saws you have and what you will be cutting the majority of the time.
If you plan on cutting wood over 20 most the time get a 460/461, if not then probably stick with the 044/440 as it is a bit lighter and less bulkier. I will run the 044 as much as I can without breaking out the 461, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and you reach for more torque.

25", the bar had a slight bend in it at the back side of the bar.
The saw was very fresh(rings not seated)/running rich at the time and has much more power now.

It really depends what other saws you have and what you will be cutting the majority of the time.
If you plan on cutting wood over 20 most the time get a 460/461, if not then probably stick with the 044/440 as it is a bit lighter and less bulkier. I will run the 044 as much as I can without breaking out the 461, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and you reach for more torque.

I currently have a MS660 setup with a 32" bar and also have a 25" bar for it. Was looking for a dedicated saw for a 25" bar. I also have a MS290 with 20" bar and just picked up a 2016 MS261C yesterday. Mainly I'm looking for something in between those two and the MS440 is dead in the middle for HP and I figured it would run a 25" bar nicely.

I currently have a MS660 setup with a 32" bar and also have a 25" bar for it. Was looking for a dedicated saw for a 25" bar. I also have a MS290 with 20" bar and just picked up a 2016 MS261C yesterday. Mainly I'm looking for something in between those two and the MS440 is dead in the middle for HP and I figured it would run a 25" bar nicely.
Sounds like the 044/440 or the 460/461 would do the trick depending on the size of wood you cut on a normal basis.
I run my 044 with a 20 as my lightweight 70cc saw and my 461 with a 25.
Now you have a bunch of choices, ported 044, 440, 460, 461, and all are great guys.

On a regular basis? The majority of the stuff I cut can be handled by a 50CC saw, I don't cut big stuff very regularly. Really just want to add another saw to the lineup.

On a regular basis? The majority of the stuff I cut can be handled by a 50CC saw, I don't cut big stuff very regularly. Really just want to add another saw to the lineup.
Ok, when I run into.a situation like that I buy them all and figure out what I want to keep from there, really I do :yes:.

What length bar is that in the video? I'm looking for something to run a 25" bar so maybe I'm better off with a 460/461
I have a MS 440 that only wears a 25" bar and it handles every kind of wood with ease. You don't need to worry about a 440 or 044 with a 25"

Thanks everyone, looks like I found what I was looking for. I'm also looking for a clean MS260 if anyone has on they would like to part with.

Back