MS460 large dog part numbers ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked500R

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Did a search and am confused. Can someone please confirm the OEM part numbers for the MS460 large dogs before I order them? These are the number I have..
Inner # 1122-664-0506
outer# 1128-664-0501
Ceramic chain catch # 1122-650-7700
2 nuts #9214-320-0700
2 screws #9008-319-0960

Thanks

Those are the correct individual part numbers.

May be easier to go this route:
PNW cover kit w/ dogs & catcher 1128 640 1708.

Last edited:
And now that I have the part #, good luck actually buying it in Indiana.

Just got back from my Stihl dealer, and it's on "back order" til who knows when.

"Check back with us in 2 weeks..."

-RANT MODE ON-
I love my Stihl saw, but this having to go through my local Stihl dealer sucks!

Especially when i see places out West that have it in stock for "In Store" sale only.

Wish I had a friend out West who'd buy it for me then ship it to me.

I went through this same BS when I upgraded my muffler and bar oil pump.
Had to wait forever to get parts.

I hate having paid good money for a good saw,
then having to go through what amounts to a "pyramid" marketing scam just to get parts!

-RANT MODE OFF-

Last edited:
Send metals406 a private message and he can get you 4- point dawgs for about the same price. I like the 4 point better than the 5 point.

If you need stihl parts and can't get them find another dealer. My dealer can get that stuff in a week but he usually has that stuff in stock.

You must have a crappy dealer. Lots of the dealers in my area in TN have the large spikes in stock for them. I 2nd sending matals406 a pm for a set of 4 point spikes for it.

What I'm trying to get is the kit (PN# 1128 640 1708) that has the bigger clutch cover and everything else shown in the following thread.
It's sold as an option on MS460 Magnums in the West, but not in the Midwest.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/199313.htm

My local Stihl dealer has to order their parts from a place in Ohio, and the place in Ohio doesn't have it and claims it's "back ordered".

So they say AT LEAST 10 business days.

And with Stihl's "pyramid scheme" parts distribution, i can't just simply mail order it from another place that has it in stock.
Plus the other Stihl dealers in this area will have to order their parts from the same place in Ohio.

My local Stihl dealer is a fairly large sized dealer, and they've always been good EXCEPT for the times I've had to order parts to upgrade my MS 460 from the stock Midwestern hot running, too little oil to the chain configuration.

I never had luck with the clutch cover but all those other parts were at the dealer when I asked. I was surprised but they had them.

I never had luck with the clutch cover but all those other parts were at the dealer when I asked. I was surprised but they had them.

My main reason for buying this clutch cover kit is to reduce the amount of wood chips getting thrown straight out from behind the saw.

ANY amount of reduction will be welcome.

You can buy the large deflector and custom fit it to the smaller cover. It deflects the chips away and doesn't plug as easily as the larger one. The plus for the larger one is that it protects your hands if you have the 3/4 wrap.

Back