Ms460c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrygrey382

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is it? Just wondering because I've never heard of a C variant... It's not a mispel either - the photo of the nametag shows a C after 460. And it looks genuine

What is it? Just wondering because I've never heard of a C variant... It's not a mispel either - the photo of the nametag shows a C after 460. And it looks genuine

A "C" is an automatic choke model. I've seen an 044C, but never an 046C.

A "C" is an automatic choke model. I've seen an 044C, but never an 046C.
5af7_1.jpg

What's it like - reliable? Useful? Or a pain...?

I believe it is the catalytic converter model, I have a thread with more infor on the 044c. May also have the automatic choke.

I believe it is the catalytic converter model, I have a thread with more info on the 044c. May also have the automatic choke.

As far as I know, the 044c that was sold in Germany had a cat muffler, and was rated at less power than the other versions - but I never heard of the 460c before....:confused:

C could be a "California" exclusive model, like everything else sold here in this communist state.

For example, all new cars are PZEV (Partial zero emission vehicle) to meet stringent CARB regulations (California Air Resource Board), plus many good performing equipments such as lawn mowers, chain saws, generators etc. are no longer available for sale in California unless they are CARB certified.

I fear someday we can only buy electric chain saws here in Cali.

As far as I know, the 044c that was sold in Germany had a cat muffler, and was rated at less power than the other versions - but I never heard of the 460c before....:confused:

Back