MS660 Top Cover and Air Filter Cover Price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The one thing I hate about Stihl is I can't look up prices of stuff I need. I'm looking for a price on a New Top cover and airfilter cover for a MS660 Magnum. I like to keep the stuff new looking. Anyone out there know what I can expect to pay?

The one thing I hate about Stihl is I can't look up prices of stuff I need. I'm looking for a price on a New Top cover and airfilter cover for a MS660 Magnum. I like to keep the stuff new looking. Anyone out there know what I can expect to pay?

$42.55 for the top cover, part #1122-080-1604, $40.20 for the air filter cover, part # 1122-140-1002.

You would be best served to call 2-3 dealers closest to you to get a price in your local area. The prices vary widely across the country and if someone from Washington state quoted you a price it would most likely be quite different on the East coast. I had a quote of $120.00 CDN. for the two piece covers for a MS 440. Three piece cover set was nearly $ 160.00.
Pioneerguy600

Does the oiler on the MS660 work off the crank gear direct or does it have the plastic gear with the rod on it. I didn't see the rod but I didn't have a light to look. It was spitting oil thou.

Does the oiler on the MS660 work off the crank gear direct or does it have the plastic gear with the rod on it. I didn't see the rod but I didn't have a light to look. It was spitting oil thou.

I would tell ya but since your sick of dealers to hell with ya, figure it out mr do it your selfer,LOLOLOL

I would tell ya but since your sick of dealers to hell with ya, figure it out mr do it your selfer,LOLOLOL

ha ha..i'll lend a helping hand. there is a worm geat that runs off of the clutch drum. that is what spins the oiler

Are you sure about that ????

well i might not be using the correct terminology, but the metal stem that hooks into the clutch drum to spin the oiler.

part # 1122 640 7105 is the worm gear
part # 1122 647 2401 is the spring that hooks into the clutch drum

gosh...i would hope....i've only got 3 660's and a couple 066s...2 460's and a 046. and they all use the same set up.

Btw. I guess STIHL is a bad name for a dog...but they make good equipment

and i got the parts orded for the 3120 thru Jacks

Last edited:
ha ha..i'll lend a helping hand. there is a worm geat that runs off of the clutch drum. that is what spins the oiler

LOL, I gave him a hand with part numbers and prices and then he slapped me in the face, the sucker,LOLOLOL

I pulled the outer clutch drum and looked again. I don't see the little spinning rod like I did on my other saws. I see small piece with a hole in it that spins when I use a pick and rotate it around the inner part of the clutch. I have no clue how that will engage with the outer rim thou. I'm not sick of all dealers just the local ones.

I pulled the outer clutch drum and looked again. I don't see the little spinning rod like I did on my other saws. I see small piece with a hole in it that spins when I use a pick and rotate it around the inner part of the clutch. I have no clue how that will engage with the outer rim thou. I'm not sick of all dealers just the local ones.

the end of the rod might be snapped off. take the clutch off, clean everything up, and rebend the spring the engages into the small notch on the edge of the clutch drum.

I looked again. Mine looks like a flattened rod bent into "L" shape. The corner of it it sticks just past the inner clutch. If I were to bend the "L" straight it would hit the cases... What is the best way to get the clutch off?

Back