ms660 with 395xp cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsoncustom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen or heard of this being done? Seen a video where the guy said that's how he built the saw but no proof of it being done. Was wondering if it was even possible.

Go check out op3 forum for those sorts of builds, that tends to be where porting and modifications are discussed in more detail. Al just finished a 660 with a 288 top end. As Bob said, anything is possible. Just depends what you’re willing to throw at it.

Ya I posted this over there as well, talked with Al today on the phone but that was about a different project of mine didn't even think to bring this up but he would probably know.

I like the idea of the 395xp on a 660 and if you went with a big bore (58mm) cylinder on a 660 case it would be the same as a bored and stroked 395xp. Should come out around 106cc

Did they use the 395 cylinder or just the piston?
I've seen 660 builds where a 288, 394 or 395 piston was used but never one with the whole cylinder. The husky pistons have wider skirts so you can port it more but the heights are different so it needs a bunch of machine work to fit one.

I've seen 660 builds where a 288, 394 or 395 piston was used but never one with the whole cylinder. The husky pistons have wider skirts so you can port it more but the heights are different so it needs a bunch of machine work to fit one.

How do you get a 394/95 piston into a 660 cylinder?
Thats a lot of honing to be doing and replating must cost a fortune.

Go check out op3 forum for those sorts of builds, that tends to be where porting and modifications are discussed in more detail. Al just finished a 660 with a 288 top end. As Bob said, anything is possible. Just depends what you’re willing to throw at it.
288 piston but 660 cylinder. 288 piston has a little bit wider skirts

It was the whole cylinder but the only thing you could see was the cylinder through the decomp hole. Ya I know you can use different pistons but I might try to use the whole cylinder and see if it can be done with a little machine work.

Latest posts

Back