MS661 oiler adjust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogedy_Man

Boogedy_Man

ArboristSite Operative
Does anyone know how you push in pin #2 to get the full range of the oil adjuster? I tried using the "L" shaped torx tool that came with the saw, and a number of other pointy things. Button won't move ?? Saw is just a couple weeks old.

I must be missing something very obvious....

Andrew9802

Andrew9802

Stihl441
A small roll pin punch or a regular punch will work as well. Tap on it with a hammer until its flush with the case. I turned my oiler all the way down first, drove in roll pin, then opened the oiler back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boogedy_Man

Boogedy_Man

ArboristSite Operative
Just out of curiosity, have either of you reached a point in the adjustment where the oil tank runs dry way before the fuel? I'm running my saw in a mill, so I have an auxiliary oil on the other end of the bar, but I am still a bit curious.

Boogedy_Man

Boogedy_Man

ArboristSite Operative
I would....but it's way down in a hole and I don't think I could get a camera on it. The stihl instructions are right, except that its much more of a "tap" with a tool and light hammer, than it is "push". You can't just push that little bugger.

Chainsaw10

Chainsaw10

ArboristSite Operative
IMG_2513.JPG View attachment 557899
Could anyone put up a pic? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Here's the best pic I could get. I tried to get a dab of pink paint on the pin to make it stand out...but I missed a little. Just tap that pin for more adjustment. I didn't have a punch that small so I tapped an old drill bit with a hammer.

Chainsaw10

Chainsaw10

ArboristSite Operative
Awesome pics. Is there a down sideb or anything bad that can happen?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Yes. If you tap too hard the saw could explode and blow your hands off. Stihl packs the underside of that pin with a small amount of TNT ....so be careful to use just the right amount of force.