Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabianRW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought an ms880 a while ago, my mate is repairing it, tried replacing parts in the oil pump but it didn't fix the issue, he reckons it's possibly the pipes or something deeper internally.

I originally suspected that the pressure from the engine was forcing out the oil.

It really does pump it out quickly, I was wondering if it was a feature when the oiling is turned up full if it is normal, my mate thinks definitely not normal and I agree it would drain the oil tank within maybe ten minutes or less like how it is.

So not a leak, just working far too well like it's a turbocharged oiler or something.

I said it would be useful for milling, wonder if it is a mod at all, anyone every heard of that? I don't really want to knacker it though if it's going to destroy the oil pump, drain the oil tank etc.

The guys that sold it to me were mechanics, they sold it cheap but when I tested it it had no oil so clearly they knew it was dodgy, I didn't really care as it was about half the price it could've been.

I'm not familiar with it, could it be that the in and out tubes are the wrong way around, or the oiler gears? Does it use pressure from the engine to pump the oil at all or is it a typical pump?

I'm grateful for any answers, my mate is an arborist and I have faith he'll eventually fix it, I just want to see if anyone has experience with this particular problem.

"chucking out too much oil"
Not happening dude, thats not a problem - its a luxury issue...
It would drain the tank fast but possibly not a problem, I just don't want it to go wrong while I'm using it.

I did find that they do a high flow oil pump so it's probably that, only just found it out from a random search.

Latest posts

Back