Muffler for bandit 200+ (Help, ArborquipSP!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I need a new muffler for my 93 bandit 200+. The muffler looks like the one in the screencapture photo. It's intake inside diameter is 2.31" and outlet inside diameter is 2.62". The muffler can is about 12" long by about 8" dimeter. My old muffler has a 90 degree outlet but I would prefer the new one to have a vertical outlet with rain cap like the one in the photo.

I don't have a parts manual for the engine so, any help anyone can provide in finding a replacement part is appreciated. ArborquipSP, you helped me out with the air cleaner bonnet. Any suggestions on this?

FYI - I tried superior diesel whom I got the air cleaner bonnet from but no luck on the muffler.

scott

We think it was overheating from the muffler. The muffler is rusting and won't hold a weld where it attaches to the intake pipe that clamps onto the exhaust manifold. As a result, the muffler is spining on the intake pipe and blowing exhaust directly into the air intake. The old air cleaner bonnet is half melted off from the heat of the exhaust. We took the muffler completely off the last time we ran the chipper and it ran fine without shutting down. I think if I can find a new muffler - preferably with a vertical exhaust outlet, the problem will be solved. I have a new air cleaner bonnet to put on and am now looking for a muffler but can't find one locally or on the internet.

Tractor Supply buddy. I got one for my old 200+ from there, a little loud but cheap and easy. They have the exhaust flapper (for lack of a better term, lol) right nearby also. Mine lasted years and is still going.

Tractor Supply buddy. I got one for my old 200+ from there, a little loud but cheap and easy. They have the exhaust flapper (for lack of a better term, lol) right nearby also. Mine lasted years and is still going.

I called both our local Farm and Fleet store and the Tractor Supply and neither had a muffler for a 80hp diesel. I didn't physically check their shelves though. Maybe I'll just wander in rather than call. Sometimes, the 'help' that work in those stores aren't really that much help...

I have an old car muffler on my Bandit. It is rusting out and I need to replace it with an old car muffler that is in better shape. The muffler flapper thingey (the muffler bearing?) is on a bolted clamp ring so I can just move it to the "newer" muffler that will be welded on. I have a Wisconsin gas VG4D 4-banger on there. Old technology. They still offer that engine as an option though.

Im not sure of the name of the company but my big truck parts store has a book with all sorts of mufflers in it. Listed by size and application. Im going to say they are somewhat standard size wise. :)

Last edited:
Just get a muffler from a part's store. I've got a "glass pack" on an 80 horse Perkins. If you can't find the exact inlet, and outlet size you need, a good exhaust shop can expand them for you.

Andy

doe syour muffler look like this
http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/090623/749r6/0972bi9_20.jpeg

That muffler and house was put together by Cummins bridgway
Phone #248-573-1900 Call them and give them your ser# off the engine.
The factory muffler is expensive. And comes in a kit only.

you can try donaldson they make mufflers. Like redprospector said a exhaust shop can make anything fit. Just make it fit under the chute. Most mufflers in the catalog below are available from Superior.

Donaldson muffler catalog
http://www.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/support/datalibrary/061237.pdf

Donaldson exhaust catalogs
http://www.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/support/datalibrary/index.html

Scott

Last edited:
Ebay

I have found lots of good quality mufflers on ebay. There is a John Deere dealer there that has a good selection. Last time I bought extras since they were such good deals and I always need them.
Once I picked up 4 nice big ones from a Vermeer dealers junk ben.
They had taken them of a couple of BC2000 because of a few little cracks and tossed them, those things were $200 each new.

WWW.CALIFORNIATREEEQUIPMENT.COM

Back