Muffler Mod..... Don't kill me!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know the Muffler Mod threads are everywhere, but I've looked around and can't find a specific post. I've got a 2 week old MS260Pro (has ajustable hi) that i absolutely love... Great little saw. Anyway, It's warrenteed, so I'm gonna buy a second muffler and mod it...That way when I bring it it for service i can toss the stock one on, and not void my warrentee. Should i wait a few more weeks to ensure that the engine is broken in good, or just go for it? Any recomendations on what size holes. I'm thinking two 3/8ths because it's only a 50cc saw.... what should i tach it out at?

I dun it different

When I got my 260, I read up on muff mod's on it.

Then I went out and pondered.... for about 10 minutes.

I modded the muffler before it ever seen wood!!!!

I figured I would take my chances on warranty. They are good saws.

3/8 sounds about right, could go more if desired. Set the H just a tad richer.

attachment.php

this is mine, non adjustable H and shes still burblen alittler. i feel this is none to large. its 3-4 times the size of the stock exit port

I did the same thing as Evan, but I don't use the screen, and enlarged the deflector to match and left it on. Also do the limiter caps so you can re-tune. Mine never saw wood before the mod either, in fact, none of my saws were in wood before the muff mods. I just made sure they started and ran first.
What bar/chain combo you gonna run on it?

i can see the some 260s and 026s getn bad rap in stock form. woke way up after moddin, mine doesnt have the adjustable carb and blubbery rich on the top in and didnt accelerate very good at all even after tweakn the L around.

opening up the muffler woke this little thing up alot it now raps out very well and has alot better top end.

i do need to work on the defelctor and will open the muffler up more after i get the wt194 carb,

i also modded mine before it ever hit the wood.

i think its a great little saw. the only way i part with it is if i runn it over or a tree falls on it.

I've got my muffler opened up to a long slot where the old holes were (old 026) but I do have the screen in it. Tachs out at 14,300 unloaded and holds 11,500-12,000 in the cut.

Here are some pics of my Modded 260's Muffler. It pulls a 20", full cut of Semi- Chisel through Pinn Oak just fine.

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1584-1.jpg

Sam

I run a 16" on mine too, RSC chain.

Now that is a muffler mod, LOL.:chainsaw: I bet that saw will make ya ears bleed.:jawdrop:

LOL, its the loudest saw I own, I wear hearing protectors no matter what, so it doesn't even register with me.

But it sure runs good for such a little thing. Before this little thing the smallest was a 361, and I am really impressed with this 260. I don't know what they are like stock, but this little thing is a good little limbing saw and handy as heck. I was cutting branches off of lots of peoples house with it, as it was much easier to carry it up the ladder than the 441 I brought along.

Sam

Latest posts

Back