Must be time to rekindle the old 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as you stated Karl the quality will improve as time progresses but back to the 070/090 clones they seem alright the smaller saws well i'll leave that up to whoever but I see their biggest problem being spares and the distribution of such.
We only have to look at previous early more popular brands to see that ................. I suppose we all live with the hope that there will be spares available for 10 or 15 years well that used to be the case but not now once production of a model ceases count on 5-7 years on the better saws. And with the cheaper saws from China their built knowing most will be thrown away after a couple of jobs. I recall seeing tags on some of the smaller Mac's a few years back stating engines hours to be anticipated and was surprise when I read 40hrs on the engine.

As regards the Chinese clones of the 070 well you have to be thankful their keeping a very old saw alive as regards spares availability

In all probability, yes.

Good posts Karl.

Again......they could if they want to.

But it's like using a calculator that is right 90% of the time.
You don't want to do your taxes on it.
There is no consistency. And their government doesn't help. That will be their problem.
Communist block countries don't seen to get quality because of corruption.
US has corruption I know.
But it takes consistent quality.
Would you hunt dangerous game with Chinese rounds.
And their are exceptions.
The ZKK 602 was great until 1990. Then it had to get good again.
End of rant.

Good posts Karl.

Again......they could if they want to.

But it's like using a calculator that is right 90% of the time.
You don't want to do your taxes on it.
There is no consistency. And their government doesn't help. That will be their problem.
Communist block countries don't seen to get quality because of corruption.
US has corruption I know.
But it takes consistent quality.
Would you hunt dangerous game with Chinese rounds.
And their are exceptions.
The ZKK 602 was great until 1990. Then it had to get good again.
End of rant.

Well tell that who died from Chinese ammo that, oop's you can't

Last edited:
Now there's an engine that's been around along long time I have one and its fitted into a SP125 frame
The US820 is current production but with various upgrades added to the old Westbend 820

McBob

What's the problem with bullets bob? Maybe I should post a vid of some reloading or shooting. Maybe you could post one of your red hot wanga danga bang bang cuting some wood

Back