Mw Isa Tcc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietreedude1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got home today from the Midwest ISA TCC. What a great event hosted by Ryan's TNT of Springfield Mo. We had great trees and weather that was absolutely AWESOME!

Here's the results:
THROWLINE:
1) Brandon Hendrickson, Overland park KS
2) Michael Roller, St louis MO
3) Brandon Toppins, Springfield MO

ARIEL RESCUE:
1) Noel Boyer, Springfield MO
2) Brian Eshleman, Stillwater OK
3) Scott Radford, Springfield MO

BELAYED SPEED CLIMB:
1) Noel Boyer
2) Jerel Converse, Gretna NE
3) Randy Hake, Bentindorf IA

FOOTLOCK: This was officially 49' 2 1/2"
1) Noel Boyer (20.55 seconds)
2) Trent Commer, Wichita KS (24.69)
3) Joe Johnson, Springfield MO (26.86)

WORK CLIMB:
1) Jeff Evans, Springfield MO
2) Noel Boyer
3) Bruce Williams, Tulsa OK

Top 3 overall went to the Masters Challenge. 1-Noel Boyer, 2-Jeff Evans, 3-Brian Eshleman.

The MC tree was a large shingle oak. a nicely set up tree that led to the closest finish I hope to never see again. 16 pts separated 1st and 3rd going in and they used the cumulative scoring system.

In the end:
1) Noel Boyer (338.13 pts)
2) Brian Eshleman (337.28 pts)
3) Jeff Evans (282.94)

Note there is .85 separating the top 2!

Best of Luck to Noel Boyer representing the Midwest Chapter in Pittsburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to TreeJunkie on that toss! :D

Better Luck next year on the rest!

I'll be watching in PA--the International TCC is gonna be great!

TJ would have probably made MC if his Silky hadnt fallen out of the scabbard on the WC. He had a smoking run going! tough break. also had a small prob w/ gloves on the aR.

Stinkin Silky scabbards! That designer ought to be in purgatory with the creator of "New Coke"!

Thanks David. Yeah I was pretty disapointed do to that scabbard ordeal. ARGGGH.. Oh well, it was a blast and I'll be back next year. Bad luck can't continue forever. I figure this will only make me want to be more prepared for next time. Took 4th overall in the Footlock w/ 27.20 sec., not great but considering 2 locks were near misses; only on one line; i'm confident it can be improved upon.

What a close finish. Brian Eshelman put in a nearly flawless MC run, and if he didn't have such a defficit to make up, would of defineitely won the comp. He smoked the MC. Way to go Brian! Better luck next year.

Noel Boyer pretty well dominated the preliminary's. Winning first in three out of 5 events. How can anyone keep up. Keep up the good work and show them in Pittsburgh.

My boss, and Dan Mekkes form sherill. After completing the work climb. (th place for joes' work climb, not to shabby for the old man..;)

Short clip of my Footlocking performance. Sorry it's side ways, i need to fix that. Not perfect at all but decent, forth place at 27.20 sec. Anyone out there have any pointers, for speeding my fl up a little, other than the misslocks of coarse, I think i actually did twice on that attempt.

where's that pic of the old man????

as for the fl, i noticed noel (since i was standing there watching all day) didnt move the rope at all. It was all upper body strength pulling up the rope. No leaning back and kicking like most. I also think if your rope would have stayed on the ground instead of flopping all over the air, your missedlocks may not have been so. (basically you needed a longer rope-or should i say 'they').

dont know how to shrink the video.

TJ, that was neat. I liked yur pensive look before the climb.

It was funny, for some reason it was speeded up for me... you were SCURRING!!!

thanks mb, I guess scurrying is a good thing in a speed event,,,lol I'm trying to edit this clip, so check back if you can.

Latest posts

Back