My 2013 Garden

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My garden for this year is going to be a flop. Planted 9 Romaine lettuce plants, 2 made. 4- 40 ft rows of sweet corn, something has pulled 80 per cent of the sprouts up. Purple hull peas, half didn't come up. The only thing doing well is the summer squash plants and 4 tomato plants. This is a real disaster for me.

Maybe I'll replant, I don't know yet.

Looking good so far! When I was a kid that's about the size garden we had, worked well for us we just didn't grow many sprawling plants and it worked well.

My garden for this year is going to be a flop. Planted 9 Romaine lettuce plants, 2 made. 4- 40 ft rows of sweet corn, something has pulled 80 per cent of the sprouts up. Purple hull peas, half didn't come up. The only thing doing well is the summer squash plants and 4 tomato plants. This is a real disaster for me.

Maybe I'll replant, I don't know yet.

I would bet crows got to your corn. Usually around here if the seeds got taken its turkeys and if the sprouts got pulled its crows.

Already had to replant watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, cuccumber. Geese and birds got to all the seeds.

Wow........yesterday I planted a row of okra in place of a row of corn. Out of 12 hills of watermelon and cantaloupe, I have one of each. This has just been a mess this year.

Yeah, down here most of the rocks in the fields are already picked up. 200 years of cotton farming took care of that. But the land ain't worth shooting cuz of the cotton. That stuff sucks all the good out of the dirt. It takes a long time to get it built back too.

Latest posts

Back