My 3 yr old Husky 372xp is dead HELP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine did almost as you are describing and it turned out to be a bad unlimited coil. The saw would try to start and that was about it. It had spark but not good enough to run. CJ

Aftermarket unlimited??

I know you replaced the plug and checked the spark, but did you gap it properly? I picked up a $75 346XP froma guy who couldn't get it to run...had spark and everything, but the gap was too wide and it wouldn't light the fuel.

Just a thought, easy to check. Doesn't explain why it died though.

I know you replaced the plug and checked the spark, but did you gap it properly? I picked up a $75 346XP froma guy who couldn't get it to run...had spark and everything, but the gap was too wide and it wouldn't light the fuel.

Just a thought, easy to check. Doesn't explain why it died though.

The saw never died. It was shut off just to replace the chain and it wouldn't restart...

I may be mistaken but I think starting fluid is terrible on saws, I wouldn't use it on mine anyway.. Just a thought though.

It went from running to not running and the only thing you did was introduce fuel to the system....

Have you dumped the fuel out and checked for water? Or how about what a previous poster said about getting the tanks mixed up...

All this time the saw is sitting and waiting for a coil, the fuel is evaporating and you will put a $40 coil in and the saw will suddenly run...giving you a false positive that the coil was bad...

also you changed the plug, what brand did you put in it...

Why is it ruled out? is the air filter clean? how about the spark arrestor, fuel filter.

Because he added more and more and more....more more more fuel...so flooding cant possibly be the issue...

;)

Saws burn atomized fuel not liquid fuel....:msp_rolleyes:

It went from running to not running and the only thing you did was introduce fuel to the system....

Have you dumped the fuel out and checked for water? Or how about what a previous poster said about getting the tanks mixed up...

All this time the saw is sitting and waiting for a coil, the fuel is evaporating and you will put a $40 coil in and the saw will suddenly run...giving you a false positive that the coil was bad...

also you changed the plug, what brand did you put in it...

All has been checked, plug is a Denso, also switched back to the old plug just to make sure...

All has been checked, plug is a Denso, also switched back to the old plug just to make sure...

If you have fuel, spark and compression the saw should at least try to start. Take the the plug out, pull the saw over 10 times, put a new Bosch or NGK plug in it, add fresh fuel and see what happens.

because its flooooooodddddeeeeeddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I dried out the saw completely....pulled the plug, pulled it over numerous times, let it sit over night with the plug out at BDC. Reinstalled the plug and went through the starting sequence and no fire on more than 30 pulls on a saw that was until SUDDENLY a 1-2 puller.

It was after this that I dried it out again, gave it a couple of drops of gas and it still wouldn't fire. It was then that I did hit it with a small amount of ether..:msp_w00t:..yes, yes I did it's my saw and I can do that...anyway it still did not fire...

The saw was fueled off of the same 2 gallon fuel jug of non-ethanol high octane 50:1 premix with Amsoil Dominator 2x prior to this fill that same day so I don't believe fuel is an issue.

It is the SUDDEN failure that is making me think it's ignition related, yes it has spark but it may not be enough or at the right time....

LM

Latest posts

Back