My 6 second ride, hopefully

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size turbine wheel / A/R does your hairdryer have? What kind of converter are you running? I didn't see what size gate you have. Tial 60? What kind of EFI are you running?

Edit: just saw you are going to run a SCT. Scary. Why not step up to a Big Stuff?

Last edited:
What size turbine wheel / A/R does your hairdryer have? What kind of converter are you running? I didn't see what size gate you have. Tial 60? What kind of EFI are you running?

Edit: just saw you are going to run a SCT. Scary. Why not step up to a Big Stuff?

Turbonetics
Hp-72 Super T F1-68 .81 A/R

Link to the site: http://www.turboneticsinc.com/products/index.php?products_id=888&category_id=72.

Thats the turbo I have, pretty much of the shelf.

There will be no convertor, it will have a dynomax race magnum bullet in its place.

Not sure Im gonna keep the SCT software just yet. The tuner Im thinking of using has Diablosport software so I may go with that. I really can't drop the bones right now for a Big Stuff set-up and if I was, I would use FAST instead.I have a buddy that uses that software and has it readily available.

Whoops forgot the other stuff.

Injectors are flow matched 42#. Got a buddy at Bosch in the quality dept that took care of that for me.

JGS 44mm wastegate and a Tial BOV 50mm

Durrr, my fault. Stock convertor rebuilt by BCS to a 3200 stall. All the other goodies also like upgraded clutches and furnace brazed internals. I did the transmission myself. Matter of fact, just finished it the other day. I'm going to put it in after I finish installing my full length subframes I made last weekend.

Hard to find a good aftermarket convertor for an AODE that you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage for,lol.

I used to be a Ford dealer trans tech. The AOD is dirt simple. The only thing that hurts it is that it's pretty inefficient in direct. That one gearset is pretty heavy and hard on the direct clutch to get everything locked together, especially with slicks and a lot of power.

Man, that thing should spool right now. I would make sure to put a back pressure gauge in the manifold. You can do one for pretty cheap if you get creative, and the information is invaluable. With 1/8th racing you should probably be good. Remember, no more than 2:1 back pressure to boost, ok? I have a buddy down in VA Beach who custom grinds (Yes, they do it in house) cams for turbo cars. The improvement would be huge off of that lil "B" bumpstick. That's gonna be one fun ride.

Back