my AS retirement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS, i want to thank you very much for the time i've had on your website.

after my last post i have decided that i am no longer a valuable enough member of your community to continue on posting. my temper has shortened and it does not truly reflect who i am.

yes i am totally sick of seeing people in the game who should not be in the game but what can i do. i do not like seeing homeowners posting in the commercial thread and i cannot take homeowners posting ridiculous questions on the 101 and then getting pissy at the answers they get.

i love, truly and honestly love, what i do. it is what defines me. i have nothing else. (sadly or gladly, thats up to your own interpretation.)

i get rather fired up when joe schmoe tells me what i do is easy. i can not stand for that and in order for me to keep cool i must remove myself from the equation and continue on doing what it is i do knowing full well they can not.

there are quite a few guys on this site that i have MUCHO respect for while the others i wouldnt give the steam off my piss.

i do need to get a few more numbers from some of you guys. i am going to stick around until i have those numbers via PM but this is more than likely my last post.

to all you full timers (climbers, groundmen, and my logging/timberfalling friends for sure) going up and making things happen, please stay safe and do the best you can all the time. be proud of what you do and of yourself. i am.

to all the posers and pretenders out there, may you be taught a valuable lesson. whatever it may be.

stay safe men. (and bermie too)

thanks AS!

Maybe we all should start a thread to explain to everybody how sick we are of things that bother us.
Who in this world isn't sick of it? I am not really trying to get OD to change his mind and come back. Hey, he can do whatever he wants on that line and I hope he does. Like I said, I am still figuring this whole thing out myself. I know guys like OD take these sort of things to heart because they are all heart... like me.
This is why vacations were invented.

Thanks

I don't know you OD but have learned much from your posts. It's common sense real world experience that you've graciously passed to others. Just a few more things we won't have to learn in the school of Hard Knocks.
Thank you

I was just on my way to the fart sack but I came back down to say this:
If you read Kafka's " The Metamorphous" either you will go on a killing spree or be back in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed.

OD, take a break and then come back with a new ID. People get to know you and what buttons to push to piss you off. Your old mates will eventually realize who you are, but the annoying ones will have to learn you from scratch. I think you still have tons to contribute. Whatever you do, enjoy life and stay safe.

EdenT :cheers:

my AS retirement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after my last post i have decided that i am no longer a valuable enough member of your community to continue on posting. my temper has shortened and it does not truly reflect who i am.

yes i am totally sick of seeing people in the game who should not be in the game but what can i do. i do not like seeing homeowners posting in the commercial thread and i cannot take homeowners posting ridiculous questions on the 101 and then getting pissy at the answers they get.

i love, truly and honestly love, what i do. it is what defines me. i have nothing else. (sadly or gladly, thats up to your own interpretation.)

i get rather fired up when joe schmoe tells me what i do is easy. i can not stand for that and in order for me to keep cool i must remove myself from the equation and continue on doing what it is i do knowing full well they can not.

there are quite a few guys on this site that i have MUCHO respect for while the others i wouldnt give the steam off my piss.

i do need to get a few more numbers from some of you guys. i am going to stick around until i have those numbers via PM but this is more than likely my last post.

to all you full timers (climbers, groundmen, and my logging/timberfalling friends for sure) going up and making things happen, please stay safe and do the best you can all the time. be proud of what you do and of yourself. i am.

to all the posers and pretenders out there, may you be taught a valuable lesson. whatever it may be.

thanks AS!

Is this an "AS suicide letter"? Is odirtys real name Joe Stack?

Don't let oldirty near a plane anytime soon.

my AS retirement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks AS!

May I suggest you take a long walk off a short pier? Or at least go away and post elsewhere.

By my count this is 4 hatemail posts with no benefit to any save your ego. I have never slammed you for being part time in the craft I love but you shoot yourself in the foot every time you add another post to this thread.

May I suggest you take a long walk off a short pier? Or at least go away and post elsewhere.

By my count this is 4 hatemail posts with no benefit to any save your ego. I have never slammed you for being part time in the craft I love but you shoot yourself in the foot every time you add another post to this thread.

Its the truth though its a little depressing to start a thread about how angry and depressed you are , It would be a true test of someones worth to just leave quietly and see if anyones notices ...

I'm in Austin

(snip)

I've driven by the site where Stack crashed his plane. I wanted to see if there were any opportunities to work on the trees surrounding the building but the police wouldn't let me get past their blockade.

FWIW, I think this whole thread is absurd. The guy wants to leave AS, there's the door. BYE! Who is so important on here that their leaving will matter more than a hill of beans? Sure, some contribute more than others, but there will always be bs artists and good folks in here, those with huge egos and humble individuals. The posts of the egomaniacs get very old, very fast, and if a few leave, well, so much the better.

I know nothing about OD. I read a few, very few, of his posts, and found that he was (apparently) building a monument unto himself. A healthy ego is a good thing, but a huge ego can get hard to take. Since he is now gone, if we can take his original post at its word, I do not feel that I am being confrontational with him. I wish him well, actually, and hope he finds his happiness, wherever he may be.

And there it is again, the part timers vs the full timers. Whats with that? Perhaps, if you don't know, I am in an area where full time tree work is a somewhat impossible dream. Would I like to, yes but that wouldn't make me any better that a guy that does it part time. This is exactly the attitude that old dirty a name, his arrogance. :laugh:

Get over it.

And there it is again, the part timers vs the full timers. Whats with that? Perhaps, if you don't know, I am in an area where full time tree work is a somewhat impossible dream. Would I like to, yes but that wouldn't make me any better that a guy that does it part time. This is exactly the attitude that old dirty a name, his arrogance. :laugh:

Get over it.

Was this directed at me?

Get over it.
Hey since your only a part timer, you wanna rent out some of that sweet arse equipment you got listed there , than you can technically call yourself full time and no one can say that too you anymore , Well at least you got that goin for ya lol:laugh::biggrinbounce2:

And again, another comment from the oh so great full timers.

:rolleyes:

I'm actually kidding but whatever , I can't believe that anyone with that much metal hasn't found somewhere for it to make you money , but I was a part timer for along time and guess what, I laughed it right to the facking bank every Friday , so don't take me for judging you and perhaps your heightened state of arse kicking has got you reading my post with fire in your eyes ..

It did and I'm sorry it went that way. I'd love to go full time but the market isn't there. I'll just conclude to say I'm glad that his attitude is gone and that the rest of us can continue to gain knowledge from one another as opposed to splitting the group. Full timers should be a source that us part timers can gain knowledge from. To put us down as dirty did was wrong. We all go up in the tree and face the same dangers. Just because one person does it more than another doesn't make him better.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back