My best year ever for Stihl chainsaws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VASAW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Most of you know that three weeks ago i just got a Like new MS 361 for cheap $180. Last week i sold a Stihl 039 that was free and not running and got it working (Easy fix). I got $300 for it and put another $100 with it to buy my latest find a brand new MS 362 25" bar. So this has been the best year ever for getting new chainsaws! I have two more months to go, Wish me luck!

IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0624.JPG

Last edited:
I like my Stihl Chainsaws. I sold some of the Stihls that I didn't use or didn't like

It was about $800 with 25" bar? The guy had it and never used it, Needed money real bad. It's getting hard out here now and people can't pay the bills!

Oh. Usually you have to go to a stihl dealer to get a "brand new" saw. Did the guy you bought it from offer to double the warranty with the purchase of oil?

Oh. Usually you have to go to a stihl dealer to get a "brand new" saw. Did the guy you bought it from offer to double the warranty with the purchase of oil?
Being that the 039 was free, i really paid $100 for the new ms 362. I wasn't thinking about a double warranty! I just want to get the saw and go before he change his mind!

Let me know what you think of that 362. My bro in law has one that he bought new a year ago and the av on the saw feels way to loose like it needs new av bushings/mounts or maybe it just needs stiffer ones.

IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0951.JPG "jd2007, post: 4551528, member: 109560"]Congrats on trading/selling to get the MS362...what's going to be next?[/quote]
Thanks! It sure don't feel like the MS 361, But I'll get use to it. Here are some better pics!

As it is right now, most Stihl models seem a bit "underdeveloped", compared to the Husky counterparts - sorry to say so, but it is the simple truth!

Mumm! I do also have a new 362 but I do not find that saw powerful nor impressive... Is it something that I do wrong?
I run it with a 20" bar.

Mumm! I do also have a new 362 but I do not find that saw powerful nor impressive... Is it something that I do wrong?
I run it with a 20" bar.

They don't don't make them like they use to! Everything that comes out now days have too many restrictions that hold the saw back! But they do make them look good even on paper to sell the saw? Better looks & More Bhp!

Back