my birthday present!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be heating with wood ~75% - burning 3-4 cord per year with less than half of that delivered cut and split. I will be scrounging about 2+ cord per year from falls, neighbors, friends and roadside stuff. (and I live across the street from a golf course...)

So, this saw will not be used very heavily. I have been living for the last 6 or 7 years with an old MucLuc Eager Beaver that just burned out its coil. I am looking forward to running a nice saw. I've used my buddy's Husky and my brother's Stihl and, well, I can see why CAD exists... but I won't have a problem with that, really!

Sounds like a dolmar 5100 is perfect with an 18" bar

I got my Dolmar 5100s for $409 with a 20" bar. So you should be able to get one with a 18" bar for just under $400.

You know.... I never really reacted much to childrens paintings and colorings but since I now have my own daughter for 2.5 years, i can appreciate fully what she made for you. That is precious. I hope you keep it and send it back to her at a later stage in the game. Happy Birthday! and think Shinny Red! lol

Nice birthday card, these are the innocent years for children, cherish them. Time moves fast the older you get, and pretty soon your cute little 6 yr old will be "all grown up".

Remember, any name brand saw will treat you right, as long as the chain is sharp.

I keep some of my kids art work here at work. It helps me put up with the BS. Good luck on the saw.

Back