My craigslist Stihl 510...pics inside!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he's a good photographer...big deal.:hmm3grin2orange:

But can we keep this on topic, please?

And speaking of thread hijacking, was there ever an S10 with just the long aluminum badge on the clutch cover vs. cast?

Poge

Pretty sure all you gotta do is just keep scrolling down, thank you:poke:

Update

Well...I got the saw running tonight. It looks like the PO had drained all the gas, so I filled it up with some of my 50:1 93 octane for my other saws, sprayed some starting fluid in the carb and the saw started after about the third "pop."

Here is the video of it.

Also, most of my parts for my 028AV wood boss came in, I am just waiting on the cases from ebay to arrive. Once those get here and I can get some new crank bearings, hopefully from my local dealer, I can put that saw back together.

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00435-1.jpg

DSC00438-1.jpg

I have the bar cover draining overnight into my oil catch. It looks like the PO was using transmission fluid for bar oil...o well.

With all due respect, the chain is dangerously out of adjustment in the video and you NEVER use starting fluid to prime a 2 cycle engine.

PM me if you'd like to trade it for whatever else you need for your 028 project, something else, or would just like to flip it to make some money.

Otherwise, lose the Crocs, tighten the chain, and don't hurt yourself.

Poge

Last edited:
With all due respect, the chain is dangerously out of adjustment in the video and you NEVER use starting fluid to prime a 2 cycle engine.

PM me if you'd like to trade it for whatever else you need for your 028 project, something else, or would just like to flip it to make some money.

Poge

I just wanted to get it going...the chain was secondary tonight. I love my crocs, I live in them in the summer!

Poge

I just wanted to get it going...the chain was secondary tonight. I love my crocs, I live in them in the summer!

Do you love your toes, your feet? Poge gave some very good advice. BTW, the saw sounds great, congrats on a great deal :msp_thumbup:.

It's crazy...that saw started first pull cold all weekend long. I would be out in my garage and just want to see if it would fire up, 1 pull, its on.

What is the fuel/oil mix ration for that saw. I think that the manual said 40:1?

My ebay 028AV wood boss cases, crank and bar tensioner are supposed to come in tomorrow. I am going to give my local dealer a call today to see if I can order some crank bearings for the 028. This week and weekend I should be doing the re-assembly on the 028.

Here is a off topic question...on the 028 case, the right side or clutch side case there is this ring that the bearing sits against on the case. The ring is about 90%, so meaning the ring goes around 90% of the case where the bearing sits, but there is a small portion of the ring that is not there. So say maybe 10% of the total circumference is missing from this "ringed area" that the bearing sits against. Is this normal or did I break part of that ring when I pressed out the bearing?

Thanks,
Jack

Back