My custom firewood pallets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've been building these for 10+ years now, i have about 100 made up. p1.jpgThey are 4x4, the sides are 4 ft tall. They hold an honest 1/2 cord. I stack the wood into them, right off the front of the splitter. Never touch the wood again. I sold 40 cord last fall, shooting for 50 this year. I have an old Trojan loader with forks, to deliver i just put a quick rope hitch from the pallet to tyhe loader frame, dump it on my truck. full cord is 2 pallets. There's 20 cord in this pic, 40 pallets. When empty, the sides pull right out & lay flat, got the idea from hauling bluestone years ago p3.jpg p2.jpgAll the lumber comes from my bandmill, a lot is pretty junky stuff. I try to use something like red cedar or locust on the bottom slats, even then i throw something under them to keep from freezing down.

I've been building these for 10+ years now, i have about 100 made up. View attachment 1060339They are 4x4, the sides are 4 ft tall. They hold an honest 1/2 cord. I stack the wood into them, right off the front of the splitter. Never touch the wood again. I sold 40 cord last fall, shooting for 50 this year. I have an old Trojan loader with forks, to deliver i just put a quick rope hitch from the pallet to tyhe loader frame, dump it on my truck. full cord is 2 pallets. There's 20 cord in this pic, 40 pallets. When empty, the sides pull right out & lay flat, got the idea from hauling bluestone years ago View attachment 1060345 View attachment 1060340All the lumber comes from my bandmill, a lot is pretty junky stuff. I try to use something like red cedar or locust on the bottom slats, even then i throw something under them to keep from freezing down.
save all your scrap for bare bunns,,,he loves free.....

Back