My Firewood Operation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corley5

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my firewood operation. It consists of a 14-12 Block Buster processor, 24' Built Rite conveyor, 1997 753 Bobcat, a just aquired 84 1 ton Chevy 4X4 dump, and not pictured is a 12X7 dump trailer that I pull with my Dodge Cummins 4X4. With Dad running the processor and me the Bobcat we can process a standard cord an hour with ease and more if all the wood is 8-14" in diam.

Last edited:
Looks like you can really process some wood with that setup. Got the handling down to a bare minimum to. Very nice looking equipment.

I'm going to have to start looking for an elevator. I've seen them go at farm auctions around here for as little at $50. Looks like a very handy thing to have at the end of the splitter.

Matt

Thanks for the compliments guys:) :) I bought the processor a little over two years ago. I haven't advertised any wood for over a year and the machines never sit idle for long and earn their keep. Firewood production is really a pleasure now. We also have 3 OWBs on the farm and this sure helps to feed them. I've only had the Built Rite a few months. Before it I used hay elevators. They worked and loaded a lot of wood but aren't designed for firewood and could be a real PITA sometimes but still better than moving wood by hand. This conveyor is a real pleasure to have.

Nice looking setup!Now throw up some poles and trusses so your dad doesn't get snowed on!

Great lookin operation! I'm in desperate need of a conveyor like that!:rolleyes:

My plan is to put it under a roof on a slab with a gutter and barn cleaner to remove the debris and sawdust. I got a barn cleaner at a sale last spring. Maybe this summer I'll get it done. Dad doesn't complain as long I'm getting snowed on too:)

Last edited:
barn cleaner

My plan is to put it under a roof on a slab with a gutter and barn cleaner to remove the debris and sawdust. I got a barn cleaner at a sale last spring. Maybe this summer I'll get it done. Dad doesn't complain as long I'm getting snowed on to:)

Cory please tell me about the gutter/barn cleaner, Thanks E, J,.

patz

They're a conveyor of sorts designed to run in a concrete trough/channel to remove manure from barns. They've been adapted to sawmills for waste removal. Pendu, Patz, and Jamesway are some manufacturers http://www.patzag.com/products/ag-line/manure-handling-equipment/barn-cleaners/

I wondered if you were talkin about the old gutter clearner like we have in our hip roof,.. Hey, could we use that to take the split wood out and load in the truck,? HE HE E,J,

Back