My First Cold Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Well boys, you better look out, cause I got the cold start down to at least 2 seconds lol.
Chris, you were right, that handle I got from you is the cat's a$$.
John

gypo's cold start technique

Hello John,
You are going to need to practice that a little but it looks good for the first try
Ol Ken

John's new racing chain

hello Gypo,
actually john, when dennis sees that video of your new racing chain he'll probably put you out in that old tent he's got next to the dog kennel. and why would'nt he?
ken

I think I need a bit of practice along with a few wrist exercises as well. The cut timed a bit slow because I had a chain on the 346 that was built for a 5-6 cube saw.
Ed said, it really isn't necessary to embarass myself on line and to come up this week to his place and he'll show me how it's done.
Anyway, I built a chain last night and I think I found the "sweet" spot, so will try it today. It only took me 45 minutes, so I have Walt Galer beat I believe.
John

I seem to remember some other clip off you and a stihl at some contest. If I am not wrong I beleve you were hangover too.

Looks better now:D

Gypo,
I like you but we need to talk...... it those pants I just don't like seeing them. I think they would look better with a nice pair of chaps over them.
When you start to learn to cold start the bigger saws, YOU will forget a decopression valve needs to be pushed. And the result is saw to the left shin and ouch. When I was first showing stihltech he didn't lock his arm (left) and he smacked his shin good. Now he starts it on the ground.... with a locked arm.
And yes some guys do start em in the air.... not recomended for the beginner.

And of course!
"Don't do this at Home!! Perferably somebody elses house so they can clean up the mess!"

Later,
Chris

Back