My first craigslist find!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I finally found a way to search all of craigslist at once so that I don't have to sift through all the states and categories one by one. I had bought one saw before on craigslist, but a member here had to send me the link and let me know about it. Anyway I picked up a very nice looking and running Poulan 655pro for $250.00. The saw arrived tonight and I am very happy. I made a video of it as I still don't know how to attack pics. The video is titled "Hoss's 655pro" on youtube. This video is just of the saw sitting. I am hoping that by friday I will be able to make a video of this thing in wood. Maybe one of the guys that helped me out on my video thread could put a link to this one. Now that I have a simple way to search craigslits I feel like I have a whole new resource besides ebay for saw bargains. There are some real deals on there, but sometimes the sellers don't want to ship. I have about three more craigslist saws lined up already. Once the video of this one cutting is done I will post it in my video thread.

Grats. Umm I thought I had told folks about this.

Use Craigslook. Allows you to set your search paramiters, items, distance, price range, etc.

RSS feeds...I don't miss a deal within 150 miles of me :)

You need to quit paying with them things, son. It will make you go blind!!

BTW, Good score! I am currently awaiting a video of a minty Alpina 120...:cheers:

BTW, Good score! I am currently awaiting a video of a minty Alpina 120...:cheers:[/QUOTE]

I'm workin on it man, i'm workin on it.:bang:

Grats. Umm I thought I had told folks about this.

Use Craigslook. Allows you to set your search paramiters, items, distance, price range, etc.

RSS feeds...I don't miss a deal within 150 miles of me :)

You probably did, i'm jus a little slow.:biggrinbounce2:

I'm glad to hear you had a good Craigslist experience. Almost all of my Craigslist journeys have been fantastic. I've traveled far and wide meeting people from Craigslist and many times the adventures I had were worth far more than the items I was buying.

Looks like it time double your collection!

It is amazing the saws you can find with it!
And the time you can spend looking!

Anyone have any ideo which saw is more rare, the poulan 655pro or the poulan 655BP? I have both and the BP is near mint, but this is the first 655pro i've seen. I bet the 655pro is nearly identical to the pioneer P62 internally.

I've seen many more Boost Port 655s than I have the standard 655 Pro, and this was hardcore Pioneer/Poulan country for years. Between my dad and my uncle I'll bet they had over 40 units of the 60/61/62/655/BP655/65.

I've seen many more Boost Port 655s than I have the standard 655 Pro, and this was hardcore Pioneer/Poulan country for years. Between my dad and my uncle I'll bet they had over 40 units of the 60/61/62/655/BP655/65.

That's what I thought too.

Congratulations. I like craigslist, Ive found a few deals on it. But I really prefer to look a saw over before I buy it.

Anyways, :cheers: and enjoy the new toy

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKUoIfVQHXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKUoIfVQHXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good find !!
You'll have to let us know how it stacks up against some of them big Mac's.

Well I finally found a way to search all of craigslist at once so that I don't have to sift through all the states and categories one by one.

I usually just search my area and didn't know you can search all of craigslist. Could you let me know how you set the search up? Thanks.

Back