My first new saw! . . . Now what???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks NMURPH,

Yeah that is exactly the plan! Next is a 7900 when I am a little more comfortable and I am dying to do the muffler mod and who knows what else.
Maybe a set of custom felling dogs!
1. Cuz they look cool and I am that way.
2. Some of the trees around here have pretty thick uneven bark.

Last edited:
Just let it idle down a few seconds before you shut it off.

That's a good rule to follow all the time, even on a broken-in saw, IMO, unless you need to cut it off in mid-throttle to examine the spark plug for diagnostics. Cools the saw down nicely. :clap:

"6.0,350,203/205,steering rocks,cut 44's,exocage" If this makes sense to you then your OK by me.

Got a pic of that by chance? :) A C
Pics were to big to fit so heres a vid. In the video its got a built 350 on propane with coilsprings, it in the garage now getting the 6.0 vortec with coilovers. Cant wait to get it done and beat on it. Sorry for the hijack:greenchainsaw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8hsY_5WyE

First cutting!

That 346xp is a fun little saw it buzzed through a couple little pine like butter! I put a pic of it with some limbs from the trees in the back ground is a beeetle kill thats about 28" at the base. I'm gonna have to work up to that one!

Latest posts

Back