My latest free wood scores

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc38

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
here are pictures from some of my latest free wood scores.

First two pictures are Locust, second two are maple.

Then there is a pic of my dog running off with my tarp. :greenchainsaw:

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Nice score.
Free is always good.
Funny how we all seem to have the same dog issues, mine doesn't chew things up just takes them and puts them in his own space, including firewood!

Nice score! I've been burning two year seasoned black locust for the last week and I love it. It just may be the best firewood there is.

Nice Locust, Every chart I have seen put hickory as the gold standard, but I feel locust is every bit as good. Hickory seems to sap rot in the log quickly if its not split. Doug

good score on the wood. Looks like you have a nice big area for the sun and wind to help out with seasoning it. Your dog was just trying to help cover your pile:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

my dog

my stupid dog gets one split of wood and runs it out into the yard. then come backs and gets another and another and another. god forbid she keeps and plays with one. 2 hours into it i got 20 min of walking around picking up splits in the yard then her poop then i get to mo the grass.....sigh....shes worth it all tho

Peter,
Nice score. I just scored about 1 and one half cord of maple and oak myself. Got more settin up the road. Just waiting for the tree man to do his thing when the snow melts.

Back