My mind has just been BLOWN!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dff110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bored at work and scrolling through feabay, when I stumble onto this....John Deere Fanatics are complete morons.

For people that don't want to load the page:

Up for sale is a John Deere 19 (Remington PL-5) chainsaw that is in running order, and has been "cleaned up and painted" Looks pretty nice, until you notice that all the lettering has been stenciled on! :dizzy:

$_57.JPG

Now we move to the top, which has a very nice John Deere sticker. That I'm sure is not anything close to what it looked like from factory.
$_578.JPG

But the overall quality of the paint job looks nice...right?
$_57dsg.JPG
he couldn't even bother to take the saw apart and paint it properly.

At first I thought this was just a good laughing material, and added it to my watch list for **** and giggles. Today I notice it sold for $255! Who in their right mind is dumb enough to pay that for a Remington PL-5 with lettering that a 2 year old did, and a $4 paint job. :blob2:

All I need is some green and yellow paint, the proper sticker, and I have a few grand worth of old Remmys in my garage.

$T2eC16NHJHwFG05tyRooBSOcUNVQtw~~60_57.jpg A local sign company duplicated the graphics on the model 23 I restored. Took the air filter cover and clutch cover to them for measurments and pictures.

Turned out well enuff.

View attachment 340577 IMG_0273 (Copy).JPG

And, don't be critical of the overspray. Remington painted the saws nearly completely assembled. Paint on plug wire and spark plug is expected.

Yes, the air filter lid is all wrong. And, yes, Deere collectors are nuts but, arn't we all?

Must have more money than he has sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had noticed the orange trigger in the OP. I know John Deere collectors are a little nuts, my Uncle and Cousin have 12ish old deers all done up. And they live in town.

I think the worst part is the stenciled letters. To someone that knows nothing about chainsaws it looks very clean other than the crappy stenciling on the bar and clutch cover.

I sold the above model 18 to a dairy farmer near Joetown. He proceeded to find three more Deere/Remy saws at auctions, farm sales etc.

I created a monster. Claims green ones run better than red ones. L.O.L.

Wait till the auction winner find out he paid premium for a fake...............................................

Bored at work and scrolling through feabay, when I stumble onto this....John Deere Fanatics are complete morons.

For people that don't want to load the page:

Up for sale is a John Deere 19 (Remington PL-5) chainsaw that is in running order, and has been "cleaned up and painted" Looks pretty nice, until you notice that all the lettering has been stenciled on! :dizzy:

View attachment 340559

Now we move to the top, which has a very nice John Deere sticker. That I'm sure is not anything close to what it looked like from factory.
View attachment 340561

But the overall quality of the paint job looks nice...right?
View attachment 340560
he couldn't even bother to take the saw apart and paint it properly.

At first I thought this was just a good laughing material, and added it to my watch list for **** and giggles. Today I notice it sold for $255! Who in their right mind is dumb enough to pay that for a Remington PL-5 with lettering that a 2 year old did, and a $4 paint job. :blob2:

All I need is some green and yellow paint, the proper sticker, and I have a few grand worth of old Remmys in my garage.

You wouldn't happen to have an extra muffler cover laying around by any chance???

Attachments

• IMAG1940.jpg
    IMAG1940.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 21
You wouldn't happen to have an extra muffler cover laying around by any chance???

Wish I did. I'm actually short a PL/SL-4 muffler myself. Been eyeballin' a Homie C-5 stack to adapt it.

I do have a PL/SL-55 mostly complete muffler (like one below). And, lots of orther Remy stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0273 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0273 (Copy).JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 10
i found a muffler for 20$
do you think thats worth the price? appears to be in decent shape

Latest posts

Back