My new 372XP oil non-stop, even with the adjustment screw turned all the way in...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshed

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a new 372XP and noticed that it was putting out bar oil all the time, even when not running. Wouldn't be a huge problem but I don't use this saw every day so it sits and leaks alot. I thought this saw was supposed to have the co-pump that didn't put out bar oil when the saw was idle or turned off. I tried turning in the adjustment screw all the way and it still leaks, made no difference. Is this normal? Can it be fixed easily? Thanks for any wisdom.

Scott

Just got back from my dealer. he said all saws do that, until you loosen the bar oil cap to relieve the pressure. As soon as I removed and reinstalled the cap it stopped leaking. Does this sound legit? I still dont think it should leak with the adjustment screw all the way in, eco-pump or not.

Scott

I don't think its normal. I have a 2007 372xp and it doesn't drip or leak when sitting and I don't have to loosen the cap either. The only Husqvarna I have that leaks is my 141.

With the saw sitting in the operating position, will it leak out the whole tank, or to about the half a tank level?

not sure, but it puts a pretty thick coat of sticky oil on the bottom of my Power Box, as well as my files, gloves, spare chains, etc. I'm thinking my dealer is full of $h!t, as he refused to repair a $200 Echo weedeater I bought off of him that was putting fuel into the air filter and soaking it. Said I was running the wrong 2-cycle oil in it. I was using the reccomended Echo Powerblend 50:1. I need a new dealer.

Scott

Just got back from my dealer. he said all saws do that, until you loosen the bar oil cap to relieve the pressure. As soon as I removed and reinstalled the cap it stopped leaking. Does this sound legit? I still dont think it should leak with the adjustment screw all the way in, eco-pump or not.

Scott

Welp whether legit or not it does seem to be solving the leaking problem. I've found over the years many saws stored in a case in a trunk of a hot car tend to pour out oil. The cases are usally swamp in oil. Seems heat builds up pressure in the oil tank. If I were you I'd merely do the cap thing and be happy.

Man that sucks none off my saws leak like that.You know i bet it dosent say
leave the cap loose in the manual or the advertisement .Even though its
easy to do .You pay for top quality and get( its normal ).You know you didnt
buy the cheapest saw .I would call the Factory or a rep and see what they
say .I can see it now Huskys the saws that leak.

Mine is 7 years old and never has leaked so something sounds fishy here fact none of my Huskys leak.

(my Mac's all did but thats another story :) )

I honestly dont think the cap is the cure but it may be a symtom a good dealer should use to fix it dont give up. good luck

Kansas

My saw does the same thing (Stihl 260) this time of year, and I thought it was normal. When you put cold bar oil in a sealed system and then heat it by running the saw, it's going to build up pressure. I assumed the oil leakage meant my fill cap had a better seal then the oil pump. Is there a pressure relief valve built into oil pumps?

Uh,,,something aint right, and it's not just your dealer. Thats not normal or acceptable on a new saw.
Your oil tank should have a breather to keep it from building up pressure and splooging oil all over the place. Sounds like its plugged..
and your dealer should be plugged too.:monkey:

Back