My new crummy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samlock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA, I tested it today and made a deal. Needs yet a piece of paperwork plus a new clutch, then I will set my saws on the Red Alert.

IMG_4105.JPG

Zhiguli 2104 made in the USSR 1989. 1300 cc's and 52 raw horse powers under the hood.

Pretty dang clean for a 1989. I bet that 52Hp just sets you right back in the seat when you get on it:msp_w00t:

Very European in design!! Now you just need to whack of the back third of it, and install a flatbed and slip tank. :rock:

Very European in design!! Now you just need to whack of the back third of it, and install a flatbed and slip tank. :rock:

NO!!!!! That thing is far too pristine of an example of a Soviet workhorse crummy to be chopped up... :msp_sad:

Besides, the saws would like it better inside of the car, as it protects them from weather and thieves... (if they are covered with a blanket or something for the latter...)

Polish out the paint, they use natural pigment paint, it oxidizes quickly, you can rub it off with a finger. I think it's based off the 124 Fiat.

My Ranchero is based on the Falcon station wagon, so that isn't far fetched.

Hmmmmm...
I hear helicopters, not a friendly sound in a seaport town.

Helo's around here -- 9 out of 10 times is A.L.E.R.T (life flight).

I like your old Ranchero!! :clap: I'll have to tell you my Ranchero story some time, you'll get a kick out'a it.

To me, the Coast Guard helicopter had a distinct whine to it. One time it was circling around and around the bay. A slimeball had murdered his family and dumped them in two different bays. A boy was found in our bay. The wife and baby in the next bay to the north.

They caught the guy in Mexico and he is on death row in Oregon.

Now back to crummie talk. A hooktender who also drove the crew (he was the only one with a valid driver's license) said that having a crooked front bumper was an asset. When you approached a slow moving tourist car from behind, and they saw that bumper on an authentic crummie, they would get out of the way and you would get home quicker.

I think it is a Fascist Fiat in Communist clothes.

You're right, Randy, as usual. It IS Fiat 124. Soviets bought the licence in the late 60's and around the concept they built a whole city named after Italian Alessandro Togliatti by the river Volga. I know this because I have been in Togliatti. It's a city with 700 000 habitants, all of them manufacturing VAZ-vehicles. An entertaining place it is for a bachelor. There was market places you could buy a brand new car (stolen from the factory) for 900 USD. Or some weaponry and ammo. Or people.

Metals406
Very European in design!! Now you just need to whack of the back third of it, and install a flatbed and slip tank.

Well, I have something like that in mind, but not quite!

no heilos. got a yellow radial eng biplane buzzing the house this morn. think its dustin the grass seed field across the road.

Really clean and tidy for 89, they were sold as the Riva in the UK and they also did a fantastic 4x4 called the Niva same engine but a great conversion was a Peaugeot 1600 diesel, it had all round coil springs and would go anywhere shame they just rotted away.

Really clean and tidy for 89, they were sold as the Riva in the UK and they also did a fantastic 4x4 called the Niva same engine but a great conversion was a Peaugeot 1600 diesel, it had all round coil springs and would go anywhere shame they just rotted away.

I've had couple of Nivas before. Great off the road but horrible on the road. They are still manufacturing Nivas in Russia (as a matter of fact they still manufacture those old soap boxes as well) and they are mighty popular at least in Germany. With these gas prices I'm not going to buy a Niva. Gas tank volume is 45 liters, you know.

I do a lot of driving in the Russian backwoods, and that's one reason to purchase that crummy. This spring me and my friend got stuck really good in Russia with a Voyager. Couldn't find a tool to reset the jammed computer.... But in every village there is a blacksmith, who can fix the soviet tech in no time.

Blacksmith Aleksandr Nikolayevits in the summer 2009, Vinnitsy, Podporoge region, District of Leningrad, Russia.

IMG_1964.JPG

Back