My new Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefflac02

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
View attachment 271981View attachment 271982Just picked up my new ps-5105 on Saturday. Got a great deal with a case, 2 spare chains, gloves, a hat, spare scrench, and a can of tru fuel for $479.99 + tax. Bought full wrap Dolmar chaps and a helmet as well. Cut down its first tree today and has made short work of some logs I had out of the snow to buck. Overall I am quite impressed with the 20" bar so far. Pulls it strong. it will only get stronger as its gets broke in. Can't go wrong with the 5105.

Pics or it didn't happen

Last edited:
They were running a nice sale. $429.99 saw only. Or the highest package with what I got. Figured the case alone was worth close to that.

Must..............not...............trash..........the....man's....new......Dolmar.....:taped:

Hope she runs forever!

Must..............not...............trash..........the....man's....new......Dolmar.....:taped:

Hope she runs forever!
:D:D
Hope it runs forever to.Did the dealer set it up?Does it have a CAT muffler?Whats the cold psi?
I had a 5100 non CAT that was blowing 200psi after 2 tanks.
I had a ported NE346xp at the same time so the Dolly had to go.
Have fun with it.

Go to the star in the bottom left corner of the box of the person you want to give rep to. A box will come up wether you approve(pos) or disapprove (neg)and you can write a comment in the box. Push add reputation and your done.

I just sent some to you. Read the message with it. I got the OP in the noob thread so I cannot add more yet.

Thanks to both for helping me be a better member.

Back to the nice Dolly.....

Nice lookin saw! I've fondled one of those several times at the dealer, they seem really well made and sure get good reviews on here. Enjoy it!:rock:

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Guys, thanks for the reps and the comments. I played hookie from my business this afternoon to give the saw an appetizer. The. I had to get my son off the bus, then it gets dark. I will get some stump shots this weekend.

The first tree and I have a date with a score to settle. I will take pics of it also. Hurricane sandy decided it was going to slightly uproot this tree on a slope and hang it up in another tree. After reading stories on here about injuries and blown downs, I didn't want to take a chance for me or my kids who love playing in the woods near their dad. Long story short, I notched it and on the back cut, the tree twister on the stump and pinched the bar. Got the bar out, but chain (read new chain) was pinched. Got another new chain (good thing I got 3 new ones) and got the back cut complete. Took about 5 min for the tree to break the few fibers that were left and off the stump it went. 5 feet down the hill, completely at the same angle it left the stump with the chain pinched under it. So my new chain, is in a foot of snow under a hung up tree. My hope is the wind blows the tree down tonight and I can recover the chain with no damage to it.

Lesson learned. My purchase tomorrow is going to be a few wedges. Had I wedged the back cut it would have kept the tree from pinching the bar when it started to twist.

Latest posts

Back