My new two saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar to my two saw plan. I'm very happy with my 346 and can't wait for the next two weeks of insanity (read: excessive overtime) to be over so I can get out and test my 385 out!

Same 2 saw plan here.

Not much that can't be done and quickly with that combo, and if CAD never sets in, you'll never need another saw.

Beware however, you're gonna start wondering about a thumper soon.
3 saw plans kinda just "Happen".;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Are the 372s as well balanced as your 346? I mean it's gotta be a special saw to just levitate all by itself like that :hmm3grin2orange:

WOODYMAN'S FAMOUS 346 PHOTO OP:

attachment.php

Are the 372s as well balanced as your 346? I mean it's gotta be a special saw to just levitate all by itself like that :hmm3grin2orange:

WOODYMAN'S FAMOUS 346 PHOTO OP:

attachment.php

I wanted so bad to go over and cut that tree by the ground while someone yelled "pull", and see how far that thing would fly!:hmm3grin2orange:

Great plan--got the same one here! I can't justify a 390 or 395 for twice a year use. The 372 doesn't do everything the 346 does. Run the 346 in the snarley fencerow rows around here and you will see why it is a great compliment to the 372. Love both saws, don't need anymore!

Tim

Ive ran the 346 stock and ported nice little saw. It just doesnt do anything the 372 cant do and the 390 will do a lot the 346 cant do.

Depends on the age of the user and condition of his back. For some, the 346
can do a lot more than a 372 and 390 ;)

Hot pair, man. I recently grabbed a used but in good shape 242XP as my second saw for a pittance, just to have in handy for the small stuff. Cutting 5-10" stuff all day with a 2171 gets old fast.

Hot pair, man. I recently grabbed a used but in good shape 242XP as my second saw for a pittance, just to have in handy for the small stuff. Cutting 5-10" stuff all day with a 2171 gets old fast.

Yep!!

Drop a gnarly old twisted up Elm sometime and forget the little saw in the barn. You'll NEVER forget the little booger again LOL!!

There's a LOT of good firewood in the tops, in the 4-10" range most times, and a 372 gets to be like work in the tangles.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

attachment.php

this is my 2 saw plan, well the top 2 were and then CAD set in and I acquired the bottom 2, then there are 3 more in the shop getting fixed, and there is the one at the PS I keep eying. Good luck!:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back