My New (Used) 288 Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YUKON 659

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I finally did it.....after talking about them, asking numerous questions about them and looking at a lot of used 288's I finally "pulled the trigger" and bought one. It was an e-bay purchase and seems to be everything the seller said it was. I was a little concerned but it is real nice shape. Here's a few pictures of it....

Jeff

hey, thats a real nice saw ....how's it run ? ? congrats on the purchase.....keep us updated on the performance..

It just came in the mail today...haven't done much with it yet. Checked it out a little, fired it up in the garage and made a couple of cuts in some small stuff out back. Everything seems to be OK. After hearing a few horror stories about e-bay deals gone bad, I'm just happy it came to me as described!!!

Jeff

Good deal.

Sounds like you ended up with a good deal. I'd pull the muffler and really check her over good. Then put her to the wood using 40/1 mix. and adjusting the carb for that mix. I'd see how she does and then contemplate a muffler mod. But that's up to your disgression. Congratulations. Lewis.

Lewis, Northern New Yorkers must think alike...I already got the muffler off and I'm planning on taking it to work tomorrow to open it up. I'm waiting for a little advise from another member before poking another hole in it. As far as the piston, it looks good. Saw looks to have had very little use.

Jeff

Great news.

Yukon 659. That's good news to hear. Saw is looking better all the time. Now really sounds like a winner. Take care. Lewis.

Looks like a real winner to me

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is good to know that there is still hope on eBay purchases. How I wish mine looks half as nice as that :D.

Honestly, that looks like it was hardly used. Really good score.

Dario :)

Dario, thanks and I was sorry to hear about the 288 you picked up on e-bay. Like I said I, have been looking for quite a while for a nice one at a reasonable price. Seems like a lot of the saws are going for much more than I was willing to pay. I was fortunate enough to use the "buy it now" option before someone else got to it.

Jeff

YUKON 659 said:
bgadway...$375.00 to my door.

Jeff

OUCH!!! That is only $40.00 more than what I paid for mine :cry:

This is the reason I didn't ask...though I was tempted.

Saw looks nearly mint.

Good eye :Eye: on the Buy It Now. A while back I used BIK to snag a Jred 670 & 801 package deal for $175.00 + $32.00 shipping. Neither saw looked as clean as yours; both looked very, very tired. The 670, with some TLC, has a lot of life left in it. The 801 needs some more TLC.

Congrats on your find.......Chris J.

Back