My New Wood Stove:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
"ULTIMATE" EPA WOOD STOVE
Item #5530997 Model #ULT

$1,399.99 EA at Home Hardware
Wood Burning
• Ultimate Wood Stove
• Robust cast iron door with a huge self-cleaning glass
• Accepts 25 inch logs
• With a heating capacity up to 3600 sq feet
• Exhaust pipe diameter of 6 inches
• Biggest stove in North America
• High efficiency combustion combined with radiation perfect for big houses
• It's huge firebox of 4 cubic feet reduces log loading times
• Back clearance: 10" (25.4cm)
• Side clearance and corner: 20" (51cm)
• Floor to ceiling: 84" (213cm)
• 27.5" W x 37" D x 33.5" H
• For use with blower HH #5531-821

link:
http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/i...7n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I5530997?Ntt=wood+stove&Num=0

No ash pan is awful, I have one with no ash pan and it makes a mess boving the ashes.

I use a big frying pan to put the ashes in so not to get dust in the house.

Ya, it's a HUGE stove and will help with the heating of the whole house better than my old Century wood stove. I can't wait to get it.
I know about the no-ash pan part. I have a large Century stove with no ash pan.
But I made a great scooper for this fact. It's a large heavy metal shovel-type scoop that I made. It's 7" wide by 10" long and the sides are 3" high. Does a good job of moving the ashes fast and can be used to scoop the embers around too.
I also use a large cast iron pot to put hot embered ashes into and then into a small metal garbage can with lid when cool.
Works good, looks great too.

Ultimate Wood Stove

I am also interested in purchasing this stove. The price is excelent for 4 cft wood stove. There is not much detail on the website of the stove beside the dimensions. I have been searching for some reviews on the stove but have not found an actual review. There is a little bit of info on ********** but no actual forum users have the stove.

I actually contacted the manufacturer to determine if they have a stove on display in the Toronto area or a few customers I can contact for a review. Came up with nothing.

So a quick web search led me to this Thread. I am hoping to get a little feedback on the following questions :

Is this a steel stove ( only mentions a cast iron door ) ?
What kind of stove top temperatures have you seen on the stove ?
How long are you able to heat with a full load ?

Any additional comments are appreciated.

Thx.
Ozzy

Ultimate Stove

Guys, just some more info on the stove.

Thread ----> ********** | Wood Stoves, Fireplace, Pellet Stoves, Gas Stoves and More - Forums!

Latest posts

Back