My new Woods Wagon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have about 20 acres of woods on my property. I spend quite a bit of time every year cleaning up deadfalls and keeping my trails clear. I got tired of trying to use bungee cords to tie all of my cutting gear to the racks on my quad, so I built this little wagon to haul everything around.

WoodsWagon1.jpg

WoodsWagon2.jpg

The wagon measures 48" x 40" and should be good for well over half a ton of cargo. It started life as one of this cheap-o 'garden carts' like you see at Harbor Freight, TSC, Farm & Fleet, et al. I salvaged the running gear and built a new frame and bed. I kept the original sides, widened the front gate, and fabbed a new tailgate. I machined adapters for the spindles so I could install larger wheels for better ground clearance and easier rolling over rough ground. The tongue is 2" x 1" box tubing with a 2" ball coupler, and I made a handle and skid plate from some scrap stainless steel. The floor is TREX decking, so it should last virtually forever (sacrilege, I know).

WoodsWagon3.jpg

The wagon easily carries three saws, fuel, oil, tools, rope, log chains and a small cooler.

WoodsWagon5.jpg

The tarp is a USGI shelter half (tent), I added some grommets and bungee cord for quick installation and removal.

WoodsWagon6.jpg

I should have built one of these a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back