my poor mans dump trailer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Its ugly but works great. Hauled 4 loads of oak sunday with it. I had to rebuild 1 cylinder and rewire with a new battery. I have dumped about 20 loads with it so far. So far so good. The old hay elevator loads it great. I dont plan on unloading a trailer by hand again.View attachment 276222View attachment 276223View attachment 276225

Its probably worth its weight in gold. Could you show a picture of it with bed up?

I was expecting two kids, a ladder, some rope....

That thing is awesome.

It looks to be well built. I want to ether put a hoist under the trailer i have or build another trailer. If you ever use a dump trailer they are great.

I have no idea on the weight, but I fill it way up over the top with wet oak. It handles it great.

Thanks for the compliments. I bought it dirt cheap.The guy I bought it from used to burn garbage in it. I have no idea why he did that but it burnt all the paint off the sides and they are getting pretty rusty. Maybe someday I will pull it in the shop and give it a face lift, but for now it gets the job done.

That's gott'a be a real treat to have.. Looking at the pics, is that a hyd pump from an old fork truck? What is the volts on that thing? Someone was using their head. Some good idea's there. If you ever move to my area, let me know.. :msp_biggrin:

Thanks for posting...

Nice!

I'd be tempted to just spend an afternoon with some rustoleum hammered to keep the rust from getting worse, plus it would be easy to touch up, or if you want to get fancy, POR 15 makes a bedliner now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back