My Present

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got a Christmas present from my local Stihl dealer yesterday. When I ordered my MS290 it took quite a bit longer than what was expected to get in. It wasn't a big deal to me I had two others to use in the mean time. Yesterday he showed up at my work place with a orange Stihl case and gave it to me for being patient. I looked them up and they retail for somewhere around $45.00 I work in a business that we do alot of ordering or parts/vehicles etc. so I know what it's like when stuff isn't coming like it is suppose to. I knew he had the saw ordered and it would be coming at some point. I thanked him very much and told him it wasn't expected but gladly to his offer. :)

Not suggesting that your dealer isn't a nice guy, but around here all 290's are being promoted as coming with a free case. I bought one in early Dec., but it is not a year round thing and as far as I can tell only with the 290.

Gee

Not suggesting that your dealer isn't a nice guy, but around here all 290's are being promoted as coming with a free case. I bought one in early Dec., but it is not a year round thing and as far as I can tell only with the 290.

Mr Bah Humbug today ain'tn we?
Let the man think he got a gift..

Laird: Why would you pizz in his wheaties like that? If he was happy with a free delivery and saw case, so be it. May have to rep ya a lump of coal for that :(

Damb, he didn't say anything bout that! :greenchainsaw: If that is true he is playing one on me, he will probably tell me when I go into pay for the saw that they were giving them away with the 290's. LOL. I know him pretty decent from doing previous business with him and vice versa and wouldn't put it past him to lead me on that he gave it to me for a bit (just messing with me) Oh well I have a nice case to go with my saw that I didn't have before. :clap:

Last edited:
Hey Eric,

No......he called Monday and said it was to cold and called Tuesday morning and said he had a migrain so he couldn't make it.:chainsaw: Hey at least he gets the week of Christmas off.:dizzy: I looked at the windows after talking to you and don't really want to try anything myself without at least showing him what you told me. Also I don't think I have the Ultras like you were thinking, the outside of the sashes just sit on a flat plate with no lip on the outside just the inside.

Hey Eric,

No......he called Monday and said it was to cold and called Tuesday morning and said he had a migrane so he couldn't make it.:chainsaw: Hey at least he gets the week of Christmas off.:dizzy: I looked at the windows after talking to you and don't really want to try anything myself without at least showing him what you told me. Also I don't think I have the Ultras like you were thinking, the outside of the sashes just sit on a flat plate with no lip on the outside just the inside. Nice and windy here again today!

Back