My processer in progress pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Hopefully it all comes together as you imagined!! I know projects tend to be design builds for me, What about yours? Had you layed it out on paper before beginning or just general thoughts and ideas and then run from there? What system pressure will the hyd. be running at? Looks like about a 5" splitting cylinder... Sorry I am stealing ideas as I type this....:buttkick:

Keep it coming! :chainsaw:

+1 Hopefully it all comes together as you imagined!! I know projects tend to be design builds for me, What about yours? Had you layed it out on paper before beginning or just general thoughts and ideas and then run from there? What system pressure will the hyd. be running at? Looks like about a 5" splitting cylinder... Sorry I am stealing ideas as I type this....:buttkick:

Keep it coming! :chainsaw:

Yes, design build is what it is. So much so that things were only tack welded until I was sure the basics would fit and function in place the same as they did in my dreams. I have been so far along in prior work and discovered that the motor ran the opposite direction I thought it did, LOL. Actually that was a PTO operated deal and it was then I discovered that tractor PTOs run opposite the crankshaft. As it was before the mods I was running the splitter at a modest 1800 PSI. I never calculated the force it just doesn't need any more. I think the cylinder is 5 1/2" bore. This whole deal started out when I saw a Hud-Son Badger in operation at a show and I thought it was a good idea that was not very well carried out. Skid steers, fork lifts etc are OK when you haul the wood to the machine. I didn't own one and didnt want to do that, I wanted to take the machine to the fence line, knock a tree down, limb it and put it in the truck as firewood without having to make 5 trips hauling equipment. I am going to fall a bit short of that as there is not room for the planned conveyor to put the wood in the truck. However the planned conveyor will be towed behind the processor and then set in the field so still one trip. Plans are for a bit of custom work for the rig to pay for materials and some pocket money. If not Ill just keep it waxed in the off season as there will be no loan to pay off, LOL.

:clap:

Sounds about like my project undertakings... Seems like I take 1 step foward just to take 2 back because I needed to look a little harder or think for 1 more beer before I continued... or was it 1 less BEER?:cheers:

That is where good 'ol Gink is gonna have to keep me inline... He is more apt to sit and draw things out for the visual purposes than I ever could think to be able to! Anxious to see how it turns out for you... Hopefully Gink and I can begin on a similar project before much longer! :chainsaw:

Jeez, its work in progress guys, LOL. The hoses are just laying on the splitter beam so they aren't on the floor until I start plumbing.

I guess ya missed the second post where I said that lol and that when your done it will be awesome. I do projects scatterbrained lol it is the only way I can:cry: I hope to see your work of art in action

Latest posts

Back